Audi A6 S-Tronic gearbox problems

olliedarwin

Reaction score
Hi guys - first post on here. I have read various threads about this issue but still haven't found the answer.

I bought a 2014 A6 Ultra 2.0 S-tronic (106k miles) 6 weeks ago from a dealer (not Audi). Its the best car I have ever owned and I absolutely love it. Approx 3 weeks ago I took to "All Audi" in Bristol to have cambelt and gearbox oil changed. Since doing this I started to notice a bit of jerkiness in the gear changes (mostly down shifting and moving first gear).

I then did a trip to Monaco in it and the problem has got progressively. The worst bit is when pulling away in first gear there is a noticable lag after taking foot off the brake then a sudden jerk as it goes into gear. Occasionally its so sudden that the car actually stalls, I am now not driving the car for fear of further damage.
I took it to "Milta technologies" in Bristol (very highly regarded online) and they couldn't find any error codes but said it was likely caused by debris being disturbed during the oil change and clogging up the mechatronic solenoids. The cost of taking it apart and cleaning mechantronics, fitting a new clutch and dual mass fly wheel (which was making a noise) would be just shy of £4k inc vat.

Does anyone have an experience of this? To me it feels like the gears are fine but the clutch feels like its out of sync and maybe a re-adaption of clutch might help?
Any advice would be really appreciated!

The mechatronics unit is a known weak point on these boxes, and regular servicing is essential (every 40k miles) - it’s an expensive service as it involved multiple filters, gaskets etc, and the oil alone is close to £200.

Do you have any service history with the car, to see if the gearbox servicing has been maintained?

Was the last service by All AUdi a full service or just a drain and refill? Worth checking your receipt for a list of parts unused.