RS3 Lights Flashed But Car was Locked and nobody near

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
The better half just ran down the stairs saying someone's stealing the car.

So I ran out and saw the tail end of what happens when you lock the car. It was pitch black so I couldn't see if there was anyone there so that was fun!

It's as if the car unlocked and locked itself.

It maybe happened the other night too but I thought it was because the key was in my pocket as I was taking my jeans off..

It's very windy outside
And I've got a blackvue fitted.

So those could be factors. Not sure.

I've not seen any other mention of it happening on here. But then our cars are parked right next to big windows so it's obvious when the car lights go on if we're in certain rooms as there's no street lights near us..

Nothing in MyAudi

Anyone?

Just had a look on our Nest Cam and the car lights were showing for about a minute in total. Hmmm weird.

It's probably very unlikely, but it's not unknown for someone who has copied the remote signal & is testing the viability of trying to nick it & checking your reactions.

However, given the bugs people are reporting on this chassis, I'd say it's possibly this

It's probably very unlikely, but it's not unknown for someone who has copied the remote signal & is testing the viability of trying to nick it & checking your reactions.
He won’t sleep now

Mine does similar if I have key in my pocket, the buttons on the key are all too easy to inadvertently press, I have found the car in the path with all the windows and sunroof open (I have now turned comfort opening OFF) also opened the garage door to find the tailgate up as well plus numerous times when messing with Motorcycle in garage have seen the cars indicators flash................................I'd bet your doing the same, the key is rubbish :)

Also key in pocket is not a good thing as (IIRC) the key 'goes to sleep' to prevent the theiving ******** with relay device copying your key, It wakes up with movement so best left alone somewhere safe :)

Reactions: IanL-RS3

However, given the bugs people are reporting on this chassis, I'd say it's possibly this
We live in a detached house quite a distance from the road and neighbours so not likely.
Eg we have a Clio with comfort access and never been an issue.
Also we have a stone drive way (previous owners were broken into once so they made the house very safe) so it's impossible to get near the house or cars without the dogs hearing.

Mine does similar if I have key in my pocket, the buttons on the key are all too easy to inadvertently press, I have found the car in the path with all the windows and sunroof open (I have now turned comfort opening OFF) also opened the garage door to find the tailgate up as well plus numerous times when messing with Motorcycle in garage have seen the cars indicators flash................................I'd bet your doing the same, the key is rubbish :)

Also key in pocket is not a good thing as (IIRC) the key 'goes to sleep' to prevent the theiving ******** with relay device copying your key, It wakes up with movement so best left alone somewhere safe :)
Just asked the wife and her key is in her handbag, next to the bed and she said she may have touched the bag to get something out.

Will have to get a case for the key.

Thanks for the heads up

Last edited: