TPMS retrofit

cooperp

Reaction score
Hi all,
You might be aware but I have a Vorsprung on order !!! From Aug 21 !!!! But let's not get in to that.
TPMS was one of the most handy and cheapest of all 8v options and I am astounded it's dropped from the 8y especially for a car you can option with carbons for the track.
So how do you go about getting TPMS retrofitted and how much might it cost?
Fyi, think I paid 150 or even cheaper for TPMS option on the 8v.

Hi all,
You might be aware but I have a Vorsprung on order !!! From Aug 21 !!!! But let's not get in to that.
TPMS was one of the most handy and cheapest of all 8v options and I am astounded it's dropped from the 8y especially for a car you can option with carbons for the track.
So how do you go about getting TPMS retrofitted and how much might it cost?
Fyi, think I paid 150 or even cheaper for TPMS option on the 8v.

I would like to do the same at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike.46 and cooperp
I wonder what the 'Control part' is and where it locates?

I wonder what the 'Control part' is and where it locates?
The Module itself mike, on production cars it sits under the rear driver side in a bracket, on the outside of the car.

When i retrofitted it to my FL 8V i put the Module in the boot on the left, behind the trim.
6eef6aaeab2df3165f62795d438e6df5.jpg

cced868103d0911584f6d18866ec54a9.jpg

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Mike.46 and Daggerit
I need this, I know the basic tpms system covers loss of pressure, but it was a bit nerve wracking belting down the autobahn pretty much on blind faith.
And then if you do get a slow you have to check each tyre manually. Again, not a big problem but individual tpms has been a thing for years.
On first tyre change I'm getting the valves added in the hope that the module will be out soon and it can be coded in ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit
I need this, I know the basic tpms system covers loss of pressure, but it was a bit nerve wracking belting down the autobahn pretty much on blind faith.
And then if you do get a slow younhave to check each tyre manually. Again, not a big problem but individual tpms has been a thing for years.
On first tyre change I'm getting the valves added in the hope that the module will be out soon and it can be coded in ok.
I was thinking similar. Have it done when the tyres are coming off anyway and hopefully by then the retrofit system will have been tested.

I was thinking similar. Have it done when the tyres are coming off anyway and hopefully by then the retrofit system will have been tested.
Yeah exactly. Worst case it's about 10g more weight in the wheel and a slightly better looking valve stem.

Yeah exactly. Worst case it's about 10g more weight in the wheel and a slightly better looking valve stem.

Just make sure wherever you get the module from its parameterised first.
Virgin modules from Audi tend to be exactly that ‘virgin’ with no parameter set in them.

Not a problem if just replacing one defective module for another on a car that has it from factory, as Odis will just SVM the module and flash in the data.

Reactions: RSt3ve
If anyone’s interested one of the forum sponsors, Vagcarcoding can do the whole install (bar wheel sensors which you’ll need to get fitted after) for £400

Reactions: cooperp and RSt3ve
If anyone’s interested Vagcarcoding can do the whole install (bar wheel sensors which you’ll need to get fitted after) for £400

And then I presume you'd have to buy 4 of these, so £550+ in total?

Makes the Kufatec option look cheap at 350 EUR (~£310) if you can fit the module and things yourself.

And then I presume you'd have to buy 4 of these, so £550+ in total?

Makes the Kufatec option look cheap at 350 EUR (~£310) if you can fit the module and things yourself.

Total including parts I should’ve said lol

£400 for everything then you get the sensors fitted in each wheel that Alex gives you.

Reactions: RS03???, RSt3ve and Daggerit
Total including parts I should’ve said lol

£400 for everything then you get the sensors fitted in each wheel that Alex gives you.

Ah ok, so everything is included and you just have to get the sensors fitted before he sorts things. Not so bad at all then. Would he fit the module for that price or do you need to do it then take it to him to code?

EDIT: And another issue for me is that it's a 1,066 mile return trip so would be another £200 or so in fuel. :tearsofjoy:

If anyone’s interested one of the forum sponsors, Vagcarcoding can do the whole install (bar wheel sensors which you’ll need to get fitted after) for £400

Sounds like a plan. Off to burn some rubber....

• Haha
Thanks all for input.
By the time I finally get my car they might add TPMS back in !

Think I'll defo get this retrofitted if not.

I'm in London..... So I'm tempted with this but couldn't come back to get this system coded after getting the sensor fitted.

I'm in London..... So I'm tempted with this but couldn't come back to get this system coded after getting the sensor fitted.

He would give you the sensors Ian.

Wouldn't I have to go back though after I got them fitted?
Picked up the sensors from Alex @DJAlix , last week, Fitted on Friday locally, Back to Alex this Thursday to have the receiver fitted and coded.

Reactions: cooperp and IanL-RS3

Maybe if you paid and had them delivered then fitted before going to see him that would be the way to do it?

Maybe if you paid and had them delivered then fitted before going to see him that would be the way to do it?

I'm only in London a few days. Might even head back to God's country tomorrow night. Just visiting mum and getting through the break in period. I usually come down in the X5 as it's ideal for battling through London. So I'm not likely to be back down here with the RS3.

Here's hoping MH or someone nearby gets the gear to do the work.

Ian I’ve spoken to Alex and he said he can send sensors out to you in the post 1st if you want to get them fitted before going to see him.

Ian I’ve spoken to Alex and he said he can send sensors out to you in the post 1st if you want to get them fitted before going to see him.

Thanks for checking, very much appreciated, but I'll be heading back to Scotland tomorrow or Wednesday. :(

Reactions: 8YARWY
The Module itself mike, on production cars it sits under the rear driver side in a bracket, on the outside of the car.

When i retrofitted it to my FL 8V i put the Module in the boot on the left, behind the trim.
6eef6aaeab2df3165f62795d438e6df5.jpg

cced868103d0911584f6d18866ec54a9.jpg
How does that even work? Each sensor has a battery or something to get power, or something mechanical like a dynamo? And they connect wirelessly to the main module?

How does that even work? Each sensor has a battery or something to get power, or something mechanical like a dynamo? And they connect wirelessly to the main module?

Yeah small sealed for life battery on each sensor.
It then connects to the module once above a set mph on a frequency of 433MHZ

Ah ok, so everything is included and you just have to get the sensors fitted before he sorts things. Not so bad at all then. Would he fit the module for that price or do you need to do it then take it to him to code?

EDIT: And another issue for me is that it's a 1,066 mile return trip so would be another £200 or so in fuel. :tearsofjoy:
Get it run in lad :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
Yeah small sealed for life battery on each sensor.
It then connects to the module once above a set mph on a frequency of 433MHZ

Sealed for life, as in non servicable LOL How long is Audi's battery life? We had 2 go on our LR between 4.5-5 years, which were £85 each + fitting.

Reactions: cooperp
Sealed for life, as in non servicable LOL How long is Audi's battery life? We had 2 go on our LR between 4.5-5 years, which were £85 each + fitting.

I had 2 sets on my 8V FL and both worked perfect after 4 years ownership.

Finally, what should have been a standard fit with the car. Took @DJAlix nearly 5 hours, install the wiring and module to the rear of the car, then spent good 3 hours of the 5, trying to code only after updating some of the modules to the latest firmware. What was on build & delivery of the car was too buggy for the TPMS retrofit.
Double the effort, to make it work on the MMI and then on the VC. Well worth the cost and the 5 hours of window shopping in North London.
Screenshot 2022 10 13 at 152829
Screenshot 2022 10 13 at 152842

One thing to take away, even if you are able to unlock with ODB11, the firmware on the various necessary backend modules will thwart you, until they are intelligently updated first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Southall87, Terminator x, RSt3ve and 2 others
Finally, what should have been a standard fit with the car. Took @DJAlix nearly 5 hours, install the wiring and module to the rear of the car, then spend good 3 hours of the 5, trying to code only after updating some of the modules to the latest firmware as what was on build & delivery of the car was too buggy for the TPMS retrofit. Double the effort, to make it work on the MMI and then on the VC. Well worth the cost and the 5 hours of window shopping in North London.
View attachment 260170View attachment 260169
One thing to take away, even if you are able to unlock with ODB11, the firmware on the various necessary backend modules will thwart you, until they are intelligently updated first.

That’s excellent to know. Did he suggest what price he might charge for the full solution going forward?

That’s excellent to know. Did he suggest what price he might charge for the full solution going forward?

It was the Full package, except the sensor fitting onto the tyres, which is approx £25 per wheel. Best to contact (Alex) @DJAlix directly. Put it this way, its less than 2 Bridgestone front tyres for the RS3.

Finally, what should have been a standard fit with the car. Took @DJAlix nearly 5 hours, install the wiring and module to the rear of the car, then spend good 3 hours of the 5, trying to code only after updating some of the modules to the latest firmware. What was on build & delivery of the car was too buggy for the TPMS retrofit.
Double the effort, to make it work on the MMI and then on the VC. Well worth the cost and the 5 hours of window shopping in North London.
View attachment 260170View attachment 260169
Brilliant, I can't wait to get this done

Reactions: RS03???
It was the Full package, except the sensor fitting onto the tyres, which is approx £25 per wheel. Best to contact (Alex) @DJAlix directly. Put it this way, its less than 2 Bridgestone front tyres for the RS3.
Appreciate the feedback. It will likely be a fair while before I do it so I'll contact him nearer the time. The other issue is I'm all the way up in the darkest Scotland so it's a fair trek to go down for him to fit. I'll see if I can combine it with something else down the road.

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and RS03???
I predict @DJAlix will be busy once word gets out that it can be done!

TX.
Also, for those interested in the 360 camera retrofit, Alex is working on a this and is pricing it up and estimating 2 days min and will advertise, when ready.

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Also, for those interested in the 360 camera retrofit, Alex is working on a this and is pricing it up and estimating 2 days min and will advertise, when ready.
Doubt the guy travels right? Even in Poland where we get more granular controls of options, when I spec'd mine 360 cam wasn't a thing :(

Doubt the guy travels right? Even in Poland where we get more granular controls of options, when I spec'd mine 360 cam wasn't a thing :(
He does travel all over Europe. Worth a call, to check if Poland is on his list.

Reactions: LayZ_Pz