Rear window faulty heater elements

notafordfocus

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought a used 2015 2.0 TDI Sline, most of the heat elements in the rear window are faulty there's just a band of about 5 elements that work in the middle.

It's covered under the dealership warranty, but im not sure if it can be repaired or if the whole window needs to be replaced. I'd rather not drive it back to the garage and leave it there to be worked on if I can avoid it.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers

Hi guys, I just bought a used 2015 2.0 TDI Sline, most of the heat elements in the rear window are faulty there's just a band of about 5 elements that work in the middle.

It's covered under the dealership warranty, but im not sure if it can be repaired or if the whole window needs to be replaced. I'd rather not drive it back to the garage and leave it there to be worked on if I can avoid it.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers
New window mate, repairing tracks isn't really an industry, get them to order the glass in, probably use autoglass or the like anyway but it is down to them to fix.

Ring & they maybe able to do it on your drive as it's highly unlikely they'll do themselves, they may supply the glass's but install for screens & rears mostly farmed out to the pro's.

Reactions: notafordfocus
New window mate, repairing tracks isn't really an industry, get them to order the glass in, probably use autoglass or the like anyway but it is down to them to fix.

Ring & they maybe able to do it on your drive as it's highly unlikely they'll do themselves, they may supply the glass's but install for screens & rears mostly farmed out to the pro's.
Thanks for the information, I just called Autoglass and they've quoted £708.98 to replace it! Or £935.98 if I want the tinted one, this is way more than I was expecting I hope the dealership is ok with the cost.

Oh dear a nasty stone flipped up & cracked my rear glass, it's a shame that happens, oh well that's covered under insurance..........

Reactions: RS5 JON
Wow thats a shocking price. I wonder if you contacted your insurance to see if its covered as windscreens are normally and dont effect renewals

I wouldn't as they won't cover it afaik unless it's been damaged, by say, a stone;)

Probably best to just claim it's been damaged by road debri........
Wow thats a shocking price. I wonder if you contacted your insurance to see if its covered as windscreens are normally and dont effect renewals

Reactions: mr_ash80