Audi A3 8P parking sensor retrofit

Igoaam

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could list the parts needed to retrofit parking sensor to my 09 plate audi a3 8p. I am looking to install oem parts. It would also be helpful if someone could give me a link to a guide on how to fit the parking sensors. Thank you

Reactions: Igoaam
Check this as well.
Front and rear and park assist.

Reactions: Mr_Dude and Igoaam
Check this as well.
Thank you! I will check it out

Check this as well.
Ive checked the links out. I was hoping for a clear guide with steps, i know one of the links the guy said he made a doc with all the steps but these links he provided no longer work and i cant download them. Do you have it? Or have a link to a guide i can follow

Ive checked the links out. I was hoping for a clear guide with steps, i know one of the links the guy said he made a doc with all the steps but these links he provided no longer work and i cant download them. Do you have it? Or have a link to a guide i can follow
Sorry mate no I do not have it.
What kind of step-by-step guide you need?
How to remove the bumper or how to root the cables? Not sure if you will ever find that depth on any guide.
We are here to give you advice as you go.
Do not expect to finish this project on one afternoon. It took me several weeks! A few days was just creating the looms, and 2-3 days installing the looms. One day just to paint the sensors etc.

Sorry mate no I do not have it.
What kind of step-by-step guide you need?
How to remove the bumper or how to root the cables? Not sure if you will ever find that depth on any guide.
We are here to give you advice as you go.
Do not expect to finish this project on one afternoon. It took me several weeks! A few days was just creating the looms, and 2-3 days installing the looms. One day just to paint the sensors etc.
Mainly how to root the cables, where everything plugs into where. Because when i look at the kufatec wiring harnesses it confuses me as to where all those connections would go. Would be easy if there was a guide to show me.

And i wanted to ask with the pdc module i am looking to get i want it to have PLA. Do all the versions have PLA or is it just the one you had mentioned that end in E and J for PLA 1.0 and K and P for 1.5. Would the ones that have 8k written on it not support PLA.

Is the file you are trying to find the one by user "henkkeumus"? I have it but the upload isn't working, will try it again tomorrow

Reactions: George Kost
Is the file you are trying to find the one by user "henkkeumus"? I have it but the upload isn't working, will try it again tomorrow
Yeah that file is that he is looking for. If you can attach it somehow...

Mainly how to root the cables, where everything plugs into where. Because when i look at the kufatec wiring harnesses it confuses me as to where all those connections would go. Would be easy if there was a guide to show me.

And i wanted to ask with the pdc module i am looking to get i want it to have PLA. Do all the versions have PLA or is it just the one you had mentioned that end in E and J for PLA 1.0 and K and P for 1.5. Would the ones that have 8k written on it not support PLA.
OK start from the basics.
Check this link: https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/2009-646/9/919-919020/#1

So item 1 is the module.
PR-7X5 is for PLA+PDC. So you need :
module 8P0919475 J or E for 1.0. or
8P0919475 P for 1.5. I don't remember if K is also 1.5.

I would advice you not to buy any other module. Only one of those shown for this car.

Regarding the looms. Have you bought them yet? If yes, lay them on the ground, and take some pictures. We will help you identify each connector.
In short description, the module has 3 ports.
Port 1. all the rear sensors.
Port 2. all the front sensors and the front buzzer.
Port 3. power and earth, dashboard buttons, rear buzzer, and gateway connection.

It wouldn't upload yesterday but worked today, so here it is

Attachments

• PDC-PLA Retrofit v1.0.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Reactions: George Kost

OK start from the basics.
Check this link: https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/2009-646/9/919-919020/#1

So item 1 is the module.
PR-7X5 is for PLA+PDC. So you need :
module 8P0919475 J or E for 1.0. or
8P0919475 P for 1.5. I don't remember if K is also 1.5.

I would advice you not to buy any other module. Only one of those shown for this car.

Regarding the looms. Have you bought them yet? If yes, lay them on the ground, and take some pictures. We will help you identify each connector.
In short description, the module has 3 ports.
Port 1. all the rear sensors.
Port 2. all the front sensors and the front buzzer.
Port 3. power and earth, dashboard buttons, rear buzzer, and gateway connection.
I havent bought the looms yet. I have bought the pdc module 8P0919475K. I bought K becuase i saw in a post by you that K supports PLA and K is 1.5 and as it was available on ebay for a good price i thought why not get that 1.5. I assume its better? But i read that 1.5 need abs sensor? What is that and do i need it?

In terms of looms i am looking to buy Kufatec Rear Wiring bundle PDC A3 8P – 34478 & 34479 and Kufatec Front Wiring bundle PDC A3 8P – 34540 & 38317-1.
I think this is all i need if im wrong and need more please let me know. Thanks

K is ok. Check here. https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/audi/a3/646/919200/
1.5 is better yes. You can park in a smaller free space, compared to 1.0.

What year is your car?
34478 is the rear sensors. I see there is also 34478-1 for after 2009 cars.
34479 is for one speaker and power and can cables.
34540 is only front sensors for PDC. Not PLA. = Not correct.
38317 is also only for PDC. There is one console button missing. = Not correct.

You are going for PDC + PLA correct? Not just PDC. Because the module you bought is for PDC+PLA. Not possible to only have PDC.
For PDC + PLA you need in total:
4 sensors back,
6 sensors front, (4 front + 2 side)
2 buttons on the console.
2 speakers.

K is ok. Check here. https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/audi/a3/646/919200/
1.5 is better yes. You can park in a smaller free space, compared to 1.0.

What year is your car?
34478 is the rear sensors. I see there is also 34478-1 for after 2009 cars.
34479 is for one speaker and power and can cables.
34540 is only front sensors for PDC. Not PLA. = Not correct.
38317 is also only for PDC. There is one console button missing. = Not correct.

You are going for PDC + PLA correct? Not just PDC. Because the module you bought is for PDC+PLA. Not possible to only have PDC.
For PDC + PLA you need in total:
4 sensors back,
6 sensors front, (4 front + 2 side)
2 buttons on the console.
2 speakers.
My car is 09 plate. Yes im going for PDC + PLA. So im guessing i need 34478-1 and 34479 for rear sensors what do i need for the front to work with PLA?

And do you know where i can buy the PDC and PLA buttons? I cant seem to find anything online and is there a part no for it? Thanks

Also a quick question which may sound a bit dumb but are the rear sensors the same as the front sensors or do they use different types of sensors. Im trying to order the sensors but not surd if i should order 8 of the same ones? I know PLA have different ones. Please let me know. Thanks

For the front sensors, you need a loom with 4+2=6 connectors. Not sure if that site has that cable but you could ask them. Do your research as I am not familiar with their products. I made my looms myself actually.

For the buttons, be carefull. There are 2 types of buttons.
1. Each button is itself. You can remove each button. Each button has it's own connector. In that case, the buttons are 8P0919281 and 8P0927123. You can find them around 25€ at audi new if you cannot find them used.
2. All console buttons are one unit. In that case you have to find a complete unit with the buttons you need. I don't have any part numbers for this case.

For the sensors, yes front and back are the same. The side ones are different.
You need 8x 1S0919275A and 2x 1T0919297A.

Please read the thread we have created again. Most information are there already.
Link. Press here.

For the front sensors, you need a loom with 4+2=6 connectors. Not sure if that site has that cable but you could ask them. Do your research as I am not familiar with their products. I made my looms myself actually.

For the buttons, be carefull. There are 2 types of buttons.
1. Each button is itself. You can remove each button. Each button has it's own connector. In that case, the buttons are 8P0919281 and 8P0927123. You can find them around 25€ at audi new if you cannot find them used.
2. All console buttons are one unit. In that case you have to find a complete unit with the buttons you need. I don't have any part numbers for this case.

For the sensors, yes front and back are the same. The side ones are different.
You need 8x 1S0919275A and 2x 1T0919297A.

Please read the thread we have created again. Most information are there already.
Link. Press here.
Thank you for the info.
Making the looms myself sounds a lot cheaper than buying it. Do you have guide on how to make them?

7B8E8787 58F5 44C8 B2BB F2E4460186F9

So ive decided to make my own looms and ive found the connectors i need. However im just a bit stuck how to wire it to the fuse box, this wasnt mentioned on the tutorial.

Can any car fit a PLA? When i sent an enquiry to kufatec with my vin number they informed me that my car doesnt support PLA. I have a audi a3 09 plate facelift model s line edition. Can it support PLA? I would think the PDC+PLA module i bought would enable it but im in doubt now if thats case if kufatec are saying my car dont support it?

Last edited:
Pages 10 to 12.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z1n8...ion.pptx?dl=0&rlkey=8nm6njqd7u35tagwm59a5iwen

You can do it with what ever way you want.
I personally removed all fuses, and removed the fuse holder and installed a new cable at an empty fuse position.

You can use a piggyback fuse as well. Check google.

And for earth, any screw touching the metal parts of the car should be grounded, anywhere.
Sorry i just need help with something. I am making the loom for the centre trim, i purchased a whole trim which came with the pdc and pla buttons however it has only one connection for both buttons, the wiring diagram you made has wiring which goes into the separate buttons. How would i wire it to to this? I have attached a pic. Thank you

Check here:
Post in thread 'Retrofitting PDC (Park Distance Control) + PLA (Park Lane Assist)'
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...trol-pla-park-lane-assist.417456/post-3580509

in this Zip file there is a file called wiring.
Page 3 show your case where all buttons have 1 connector,
And page 4 show my case where each button has its own connector.
It show each cable that comes from the module to the buttons. And each PIN number of the connector.

Check here:
Post in thread 'Retrofitting PDC (Park Distance Control) + PLA (Park Lane Assist)'
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...trol-pla-park-lane-assist.417456/post-3580509

in this Zip file there is a file called wiring.
Page 3 show your case where all buttons have 1 connector,
And page 4 show my case where each button has its own connector.
It show each cable that comes from the module to the buttons. And each PIN number of the connector.
Hi, I am looking at the page 3 you said to refer to and i am a bit confused and I had a few questions:
- what is the main wiring harness the diagram refers to for B476, B467, 388 and 399?
- the wire that connects to T10ac/3 does the other end connect to T12c/12?
- if it does, is that wire spliced twice with one going to connection 12 on main wiring harness and the other on connection 3?
- the wire connecting to T10ac/1 also seems to be spliced twice going to two different earth connection (23 & 24) on the main wiring harness, is this correct?

Sorry this may seem like stupid questions but im just confused and wanted to be sure so i have no issues when im connecting my wires up. Thanks

IMG 6370

You should already have those cables if you already had atleast one button on the right side of the hazard button.
So in your connector of the buttons, named T10ac,
pin 3 is when the lights are on, so the buttons are illuminated. (green/blue color)
pin 1 is the ground for illumination etc. (brown color)

If you didn't have buttons there, so there is no connector T10ac in the first place,
you can splice from a near connector (probably same colors). On the left side of the hazard button for example.

The diagrams basically tell for example, that there is a cable from the module J519, connector T12c, pin 12 that goes to item E266 (the buttons), connector T10ac, pin 3. etc. And there is a junction point named B467 and another one named B476 somewhere in the car so the same cable goes to other buttons as well. For example the illumination of the light switch etc.
Now regarding 388, 389 are random earth points of the car. Actually any metal part of the car (without paint) can be earth point.

You should already have those cables if you already had atleast one button on the right side of the hazard button.
pin 3 is when the lights are on, so the buttons are illuminated. (green/blue color)

If you didn't have buttons there, so there is no connector T10ac in the first place,
you can splice from a near connector (probably same colors). On the left side of the hazard button for example.

The diagrams basically tell for example, that there is a cable from the module J519, connector T12c, pin 12 that goes to item E266 (the buttons), connector T10ac, pin 3. etc. And there is a junction point named B467 and another one named B476 somewhere in the car so the same cable goes to other buttons as well. For example the illumination of the light switch etc.
Now regarding 388, 389 are random earth points of the car. Actually any metal part of the car (without paint) can be earth point.

ok thank you for explaining that, it makes sense to me now. I am installing both front and back so i dont have the button already there, probably why i was getting confused. I appreciate your help. Thanks

I have question regarding PDC modules. Since my car is prefacelift model from 2006 with OEM rear- parking sensors, can I upgrade my existing PDC module (without changing the cables, etc) from 283 to facelift 475 module (to enable OPS display for the RNS-E 193G) - since I already have installed custom firmware (pcbbc) for the RNS-E which makes it possible to have OPS with rear-only sensors - but I stil need the new module to make it work. Do I need to change whole pdc system or only the module?

Thanks everyone.

Sorry to bother you again ive run into another problem, the unit i bought with pdc and pla buttons all in one unit has the esp and passenger airbag button as one connection however the one in my car those 2 buttons and 2 different connections. Do you have a wiring diagram on how to convert those 2 connection into 1 for my unit?

Attachments

• IMG_7420.jpeg
    IMG_7420.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Sorry for the late reply.
So your original buttons was like mine where each button has each own connector.
Why don't you just buy the missing buttons and use your old unit?
New buttons are ~25€ new I think. I found used 10€ each.

Sorry I don't have the wiring diagrams that you are looking for.

Sorry for the late reply.
So your original buttons was like mine where each button has each own connector.
Why don't you just buy the missing buttons and use your old unit?
New buttons are ~25€ new I think. I found used 10€ each.

Sorry I don't have the wiring diagrams that you are looking for.
Sorry but i have run into more problems with this retrofit. I have been busy and have been doing this retrofit bit by bit. I cant seem to get my parking sensors to work i keep getting errors. Im sure ive made my looms properly ive double checked they are wired properly and checked continuity with a multimeter. When i activate the pdc pla via vcds i just get a long beep sound from the pdc, my pla button soemtimes flashes, i dont get no display on the rnse. When i run an autoscan via vcds iget the following fault codes that ive attached. Not sure what the issue is whether is my pdc+pla module or my sensors or something else. I have installed a 5A fuse and my battery drain if i leave it on. I have added my ground to one of the two torx screw that holds the fuse box.

Is there any way i can check if my sensor or module is faulty? Can i check it with a multimeter. Or is there something ive done wrong? I would appreicate your help.

Attachments

• Log--236960km-147240mi-1.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 44
Is your RNSE retrofitted?

I'm assuming it is, but it's not been added to the gateway. Can you add 37 navigation to the gateway, that should clear the incorrect coding fault

To be clear, do you have 10 sensors wired in
Yes i have all 10 wired in. I can see them on the vcds unless its always shown on there regardless if you activate park assist?
Is your RNSE retrofitted?

I'm assuming it is, but it's not been added to the gateway. Can you add 37 navigation to the gateway, that should clear the incorrect coding fault
Yes i retrofitted it but ive never coded it, as it worked from the get go and also i never had vcds when i got it. But i added it to the gateway and its got rid of the fault code ‘01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded’ so thanks thats good. Anything else we can do?

Attachments

• IMG_7823.jpeg
    IMG_7823.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
I have installed a 5A fuse and my battery drain if i leave it on. I have added my ground to one of the two torx screw that holds the fuse box.
I wired mine on an ignition fuse. Not an always on fuse. This will also solve your drain probably.
The ground screw should be good. I did the same. If no ground were there or a bad contact at the screw, you wouldn’t hear the long beep! It means that the power is probably ok.

The bad think about pdc+pla is that if any of the components has problem, the whole system fails.
What about sensors? Used? New? AliExpress?
There is a test you can do with your phone and the memo/voice recorder. The microphone can catch the ultra sound waves and you see it on the screen. Check google.

I wired mine on an ignition fuse. Not an always on fuse. This will also solve your drain probably.
The ground screw should be good. I did the same. If no ground were there or a bad contact at the screw, you wouldn’t hear the long beep! It means that the power is probably ok.

The bad think about pdc+pla is that if any of the components has problem, the whole system fails.
What about sensors? Used? New? AliExpress?
There is a test you can do with your phone and the memo/voice recorder. The microphone can catch the ultra sound waves and you see it on the screen. Check google.
I wired mine into fuse slot 5 i read that on one of the tutorial i downloaded cant remember who the author was but it was member of this forum and they recommended to put it slot 5. Which slot did you put it in?

My sensors i got them from aliexpress. But im thinking to buy some used oem ones from ebay and see if it makes a difference. i could always return them if its faulty or if it doenst work. I will try voice recorder trick and see if it catches anything. Im not sure if the front even got activated, the pla button doesnt work or make any sort of noise. So will the recorder trick work for the fronts? Only when i do an output test the pla button flashes.

I wired mine into fuse slot 5 i read that on one of the tutorial i downloaded cant remember who the author was but it was member of this forum and they recommended to put it slot 5. Which slot did you put it in?

My sensors i got them from aliexpress. But im thinking to buy some used oem ones from ebay and see if it makes a difference. i could always return them if its faulty or if it doenst work. I will try voice recorder trick and see if it catches anything. Im not sure if the front even got activated, the pla button doesnt work or make any sort of noise. So will the recorder trick work for the fronts? Only when i do an output test the pla button flashes.
The sound trick works on any sensor that gets power. Any car.
Check this at 3:15

View: https://youtu.be/0dooytSUOnc?si=8rPGSD9r_IKT6o2x

I also got mine from AliExpress. One of them got burned really fast and bought second had originals from eBay as well.