Turn off Interior lights upon unlocking?

vdt

Reaction score
Just wondering if it's possible to disable the interior lights when you unlocking using the keyfob? Maybe something can be done using VCDS?
I still want to turn on when the door open however, just not when pressing the unlock button.

Thanks

I can't find that feature in my fault scanner, so probably not. Why do you need to do that?

I can't find that feature in my fault scanner, so probably not. Why do you need to do that?
The interior is pretty visible even with 20% tints at night. I don't need the maps lights to turn on unless I open the door.

Still don't understand why. The interior lights come on during unlocking and go off when engine started or timer switches them off, what's wrong with that?

Still don't understand why. The interior lights come on during unlocking and go off when engine started or timer switches them off, what's wrong with that?
I know how it works. All I want is interior lights (roof lights) off when pressing the unlock button, without having to turn the ignition or opening doors.

It’s a preference as explained with my reasoning above. If it’s not possible, then so be it.

How about removing the map light bulbs permanently, that woul dim them down.

How about removing the map light bulbs permanently, that woul dim them down.
And, if I want to use the map lights, you want me to insert them every time?

How is a workaround a solution? If you don't know, just leave it for others to answer.

Far as I know you can't use vcds to re configure the dome lights. Still don't get this too much light