Headlight washer system not working

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've retro fit the headlight washer system, I've attempted to run it with engine on + lights on but nothing. I've put on VCDS and get the following:

00924 - Relay for Headlamp Cleaning System (J39)
009 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

To check, the fuse I'm using is 30A and when I attempt to use the washers either via the stalk or vcds output test I hear a 'click' which from reading is the relay. The output tests show 'OFF' 'not available' 'ON' 'not available'

Any thoughts? TIA.

Hmm, if I pull the stalk, I hear the motor running and a pool of washer fluid seeps out from underneath the car.

That fault is intermittent, try clearing it, it might have been triggered during install, as otherwise sounds like you have a leak

Reactions: soulwaffle
That fault is intermittent, try clearing it, it might have been triggered during install, as otherwise sounds like you have a leak
The two washer jets for the headlights dont come out either? I can pull them out by hand but not with the stalk...do they only work if the motor at the washer bottle is working?

They open via water pressure so if you have a leak it's unlikely to open them. Ultimately you need to fix the leak before continuing

Reactions: soulwaffle
The two washer jets for the headlights dont come out either? I can pull them out by hand but not with the stalk...do they only work if the motor at the washer bottle is working?
Water pressure pushes the jets out of the bumper. You should have a separate pump fitted in the washer bottle, so did you change the bottle as well and fit the two pumps.