Thigh / leg rest loose

c_tahoe

Reaction score
Hi,

So my A4 went in for a service at Audi this week, as its under warranty as there were a few things I wanted them to check it made sense if they did flag anything that it could get sorted at the same time without losing the car for a second appointment weeks away.

I asked them to look at the seat extension, they said there is an issue and it can be adjusted but it would cost £277 in labour and is not covered by the warranty as it's an adjustment not a failure.....

Anyone fixed this before? Not sure if it's a whole seat out thing or if it's easy or not?

Also, can I fight Audi on this as I have only have the used approved car for 8 months, it hasn't even done 37,000 yet and they have been wobbling for ages. My seller is Sheffield Audi which is 200 miles from me, so I can't just pop in to them.

Thanks in advance :)

What's the issue with the extension?

Apologies if it wasn’t clear in the title.
It’s loose and wobbles when you drive over bumps, it moves my hand as well rather than being solid

Ok so an update, I went under the seat and this whole section is moving, which is actually the main lower part of the seat not just the leg / thigh rest! I have a video but not sure if it can be posted here. Any ideas? So as you go over a bump the whole part moves now

13285AA9 0BAC 403C 949E 5BB3020C16C5 1 201 a

If you've got the video, take that to the service centre and get them to sort it. I'd have thought if it was the whole seat then they couldn't refuse warranty on that.

If you've got the video, take that to the service centre and get them to sort it. I'd have thought if it was the whole seat then they couldn't refuse warranty on that.
Audi Reading did refuse to fix under warranty. I have now had to write a letter to Sheffield Audi where I bought the car from in Feb, with just 21,000 on an 18 plate with the help of citizens advice, currently they are ignoring me after saying it was not their problem, I could have broke it, it's wear and tear.....

Tbh I'd just fix it myself if they're not going to assist.

Are the 2 bolts loose, looks like the lower rail lifter unit that holds the seat in a longitude position although it could also be the seat base up, down angle adjuster.

I could probably fix it but at a cost.

I have just recently bought a used 19 plate, and my drivers seat also moves.
Is it just your leg rest that moves?
I fed the whole bottom section of seat moves, and if looking at your photo, my play is in the long black bar where it pivots and its joints.

I have just recently bought a used 19 plate, and my drivers seat also moves.
Is it just your leg rest that moves?
I fed the whole bottom section of seat moves, and if looking at your photo, my play is in the long black bar where it pivots and its joints.
It is the whole bottom section of the seat, any road bumps you bounce up and down. The tilt handle on your right side also goes up and down and it's connected to the under section. After sending a final polite warning to Audi for a reply at the same time as putting in a customer service complaint online on their website and emailed the Audi Exec Head Office, I had calls from HO and the dealer. Audi HO are monitoring but won't get involved yet and will call me soon. The Audi dealer had agreed now to take my car in next week as I am working not far away for 48 hours and give me a car while they have a look at it. 1 month left on the used approved warranty. Ill update next week when I have more info :)

It is the whole bottom section of the seat, any road bumps you bounce up and down. The tilt handle on your right side also goes up and down and it's connected to the under section. After sending a final polite warning to Audi for a reply at the same time as putting in a customer service complaint online on their website and emailed the Audi Exec Head Office, I had calls from HO and the dealer. Audi HO are monitoring but won't get involved yet and will call me soon. The Audi dealer had agreed now to take my car in next week as I am working not far away for 48 hours and give me a car while they have a look at it. 1 month left on the used approved warranty. Ill update next week when I have more info :)
Ok, so a positive update!

Audi went the extra miles after my letters and complaint to Audi HQ. I dropped my car off out of hours to pick up a courtesy car. They were not ready to release to car as it wasn't finished the day after they checked it out. So I took home a brand new A6 quattro for 3 days. I was told that they had taken the seat out and fixed it but never got the detail. I also had another issue fixed which I complained about at the same time, something they made worse in June cosmestic wise. I asked the driver when the brought my car back how was the ride. He wasn't aware of the seat fault and said it drove well, so that was good news. The seat is solid even those there is a tiny wobble on the thigh rest....so overall a very good result and worth the hassle, if you are in warranty and it's not a wear a tear issue, it is worth the fight! I even got given best part of a tank of fuel as they fueled it up on the way down. Bonus :) Audi UK were also great a have called me a few times to check progress and if I was happy