72756a23827e992b1e2c74120dd2a7d5.png

From top to bottom:
Map 0
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Map 4
Map 5

Ran the first two with 91 and the rest with a mixture of ethanol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY, Basher (Peter) and Daggerit

From top to bottom:
Map 0
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Map 4
Map 5

Looks like good results at the wheels. Was there a stock run for comparison?

Map 0 is stock and on 91 fuel.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit

From top to bottom:
Map 0
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Map 4
Map 5

Decent results for the JB4....

Are you running the same P79 file that I'm running ?

I’d assume that we’re generally stuck running map 1 here in the uk then since we don’t have ethanol easily available.

I’d assume that we’re generally stuck running map 1 here in the uk then since we don’t have ethanol easily available.

I've been running Map3 for a while now........

There's a Firmware update coming that means they can see the Timing Adaption, only then can they start pushing things I was told.

Reactions: Daggerit
I've been running Map3 for a while now........

There's a Firmware update coming that means they can see the Timing Adaption, only then can they start pushing things I was told.

That’s good to hear. Does it seem happy running that map on Momentum or V-Power I presume?

It’ll be interesting to see how much more they can get out of it being able to see the adaptations.

That’s good to hear. Does it seem happy running that map on Momentum or V-Power I presume?

It’ll be interesting to see how much more they can get out of it being able to see the adaptations.

It runs great on Momentum 99 I try avoid Shell nitro since that was used in a mapped RS3 and destroyed a piston. Turns out it was barely 92 let alone 99, not great.

476hp not too shabby!

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jetdriver, furious_iPod and 8YARWY

I just heard from George @ Burger, they completed the OBD data yesterday for the 'Sent' version cars, basically the USA versions, and are now adapting that firmware into a file for my uk JB4 for testing.
He also sent the above dyno plot of @Amirh87 cars power at the wheels.

Reactions: Joey Slats and Daggerit
Do we have an idea when this will be actually for sale?

And then let the rest of us know.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x
And then let the rest of us know.

More people that show an interest the more an incentive for them to release it.
So if my car blows up in the interim you know it’s not quite ready yet

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x and Daggerit
More people that show an interest the more an incentive for them to release it.
So if my car blows up in the interim you know it’s not quite ready yet

Thats in the same league as tightening a bolt until it snaps and then back it off half a turn

• Haha
Reactions: VAGRANT and 8YARWY
Thats in the same league as tightening a bolt until it snaps and then back it off half a turn

True but once it snaps there's no going back........

I’ve literally just had this from George

89e985e23b15bfcbb6823991f3045251.jpg

I’ll email him. Payam was doing the dyno and said that George sent him an updated firmware. Maybe they updated it again this morning

Sny news on the jb4 for the uk cars yet bud? With the updated files we can use other maps apart from 0 on 99 octane?

Sny news on the jb4 for the uk cars yet bud? With the updated files we can use other maps apart from 0 on 99 octane?

Been using 3 maps on 99.

Had to revert to map 1 though until the 99 petrol shortage has been resolved then I can turn up the JB4.

@8YARWY you enjoying it any more Sean?

TX.
It's funny...... I don't dislike it any more than i did, but i don't like it as much as my 8V......

It's getting more 'character' to it's engine note though, that i will say......

We are going away to the holiday house at christmas in it, so there's some belting roads on the way up to test it on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x and kayemill
@8YARWY you enjoying it any more Sean?

TX.
Answer from me as well.
The car is growing on me as time passes, I think a lot to do with the ASR controller has given the car a little more theatre plus the exhaust is also getting a little noisier with time and mileage, that much so that on the odd occasion (long slightly uphill stretches) I have been tempted to close the exhaust valves,

If I could add say an extra 25% more exhaust noise to gear changes I would, but it is quite satisfying now (with ASR) downchanging in manual when coming to a stop.

The steering wheel and lack of interior colour only annoys me when i'm looking or cleaning it.

Matrix headlamps are very good, usefull when driving in traffic and illuminating the kerb/grass even past the car in front, they dont appear to annoy other drivers, I have only had one who 'probably' thought they were too bright and on main beam, he soon realised the error of his judgement :)

Std the car is that quiet you can hear a lot of engine 'mechanical noise' which spoils the whole thing IMHO

Reactions: 8YARWY and Terminator x
Been using 3 maps on 99.

Had to revert to map 1 though until the 99 petrol shortage has been resolved then I can turn up the JB4.

99 petrol shortage?

Yup around here it’s always out of stock.

Golf8R forum reports similar from some owners.

Terminator slaughtered me for the same thing :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: 8YARWY
@Mike.46 you lot don't deserve a RS3 :tearsofjoy:

TX

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
476hp not too shabby!

TX.

Yeah and JB says their dyno reads a bit conservative as well. Stock should be up north of 400whp, although it could be a combo of a conservative dyno and 91 octane. None-the-less, it is a 100whp gain.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Yeah and JB says their dyno reads a bit conservative as well. Stock should be up north of 400whp, although it could be a combo of a conservative dyno and 91 octane. None-the-less, it is a 100whp gain.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Going to be a bit pessimistic here, but with a quoted 400PS I’ll eat my hat if the car is actually seeing that at the wheels standard. With a conservative 10% drivetrain loss it would have to be 440 (ish) at the crank, and while these cars are usually better than quoted I imagine that is a little much.

That all being said, it makes no difference to the actual gains if the pulls happen on the same dyno at the same time. And if it is actually reading low then I guess we’re looking at over 500bhp.

Reactions: Mike.46
Dyno stuff I find annoying, quoting hp gains over Audi's '400hp' figure is wrong, a before and after figure is usefull.

Transmission losses depend on so many things,

as an eg: If you want to boost your claims, dyno the car with the boot open with a couple of mates stood by, the instant the car hits the rev limiter and the dyno operator comes off the accelerator those two mates sit in the boot, if they're big enough it adds about 10 hp when the dyno does the maths :)
Or alter the correction between DIN/SAE or the biggy one (used a lot with motorcycles) 'DJ corrected hp' which is an algorithim dreamed up by DJ when their first dyno's were reading less than competitors and if two companies are claiming 450 and 465 out of an RS3 where would your business go?

Sorry guys are rhe quoted gains by jb4 using 99 octane? Or higher?

Going to be a bit pessimistic here, but with a quoted 400PS I’ll eat my hat if the car is actually seeing that at the wheels standard. With a conservative 10% drivetrain loss it would have to be 440 (ish) at the crank, and while these cars are usually better than quoted I imagine that is a little much.

Find me a car that weighs 3,600+ lb that can do 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds and the standing 1/4 mile in less than 12 seconds at almost 120mph (factory stock) with less than 400whp. It won't happen. The 5 cylinder is under-rated. If the car were rated at 400 crank hp and we assume a 10% drivetrain loss, that'd put it at 360whp. There is no way a 3,600+ lb car is going to trap 117mph in the 1/4 mile with 360whp. The physics just doesn't support it. I have a '17 Subaru WRX with 340whp and I only trap 105-106 on a good day and it's maybe a mid-high 12 second car.

I truly believe the car has around 440-450hp to the crank. There are many YouTube 8y dyno vids showing this car putting down 400-410whp without mods.
Here's one right here that shows 417 -

Same thing with the new M3c. BMW claims the car has 510hp, but the car does the 1/4 mile in 11.1 at 125mph. Again, assuming 10% drivetrain loss, there is no way an almost 4,000lb car is going to trap 125mph with 450whp. Most stock M3c's are dynoing 490-500whp. There's even a freak example of one putting down 538.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit and Mike.46
Find me a car that weighs 3,600+ lb that can do 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds and the standing 1/4 mile in less than 12 seconds at almost 120mph (factory stock) with less than 400whp. It won't happen. The 5 cylinder is under-rated. If the car were rated at 400 crank hp and we assume a 10% drivetrain loss, that'd put it at 360whp. There is no way a 3,600+ lb car is going to trap 117mph in the 1/4 mile with 360whp. The physics just doesn't support it. I have a '17 Subaru WRX with 340whp and I only trap 105-106 on a good day and it's maybe a mid-high 12 second car.

I truly believe the car has around 440-450hp to the crank. There are many YouTube 8y dyno vids showing this car putting down 400-410whp without mods.
Here's one right here that shows 417 -

Same thing with the new M3c. BMW claims the car has 510hp, but the car does the 1/4 mile in 11.1 at 125mph. Again, assuming 10% drivetrain loss, there is no way an almost 4,000lb car is going to trap 125mph with 450whp. Most stock M3c's are dynoing 490-500whp. There's even a freak example of one putting down 538.

There’s a lot more to it than power though. How much more torque does the RS3 have versus your WRX, and over how much more of the rev range? Also, if your WRX revs higher than the RS3 that could mean it has less pulling power but similar WHP. The ‘area under the curve’ for torque will make a massive difference. As will closer ratios and a DSG box versus a manual.

I get your point, don’t get me wrong, it’s just not as simple as certain power means a certain acceleration so I would like to see WHP with gains for different maps on the same dyno on the same day for a tuning box to see the actual gains at the wheels more than the outright numbers.

There’s a lot more to it than power though. How much more torque does the RS3 have versus your WRX, and over how much more of the rev range? Also, if your WRX revs higher than the RS3 that could mean it has less pulling power but similar WHP. The ‘area under the curve’ for torque will make a massive difference. As will closer ratios and a DSG box versus a manual.

I get your point, don’t get me wrong, it’s just not as simple as certain power means a certain acceleration so I would like to see WHP with gains for different maps on the same dyno on the same day for a tuning box to see the actual gains at the wheels more than the outright numbers.

Hard to tell, but usually there is no "replacement for displacement" (power). George did say in another forum that the 8Y runs a bit more timing than previous versions of the RS3 so it may be more sensitive to octane. It's probably not far-fetched that this motor could be worth another 24whp on their dyno with 93 octane, which would bring it up closer to 400. I use my WRX as an example because it's very similar in weight and size (it is very slightly smaller and lighter). I believe drivetrain loss on a WRX with the 50/50 symmetrical AWD system is more than likely higher than the RS that definitely has a more sophisticated AWD system, but my exact numbers were 338awhp/335wtq on a Dynojet.

Most of the tests on the previous version of the RS3 have it around 12.0-12.2 @ 112-114mph. If the new one is doing high 11's at 117-118, one would think it's got a bit more power (and have better traction due to the new rear diff).

Could be all sorts of things making it quicker from traction/rear diff/gearing/gear changes and of course hp in the area used (5000-7000rpm)
Just on the gear change thing, I had a 'do' with a Polestar2 in my Golf R (with Superchip so 350hp?) Golf was slightly quicker but every time the DSG changed up a gear the Polestar 'jumped' about 3 feet further up the side of us