SQ5 SQ5 TFSI - Options

Thomson_adam

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am currently in the market for an SQ5 tfsi around a 2018 plate

First of all can anyone give their opinions on them ?

Secondly - there are a couple I have seen on auto trader but their optional extras seem to differ slightly , I was wondering if anyone has an old brochure so I can see what each package is and how much it costs
One of the vehicles state is have air suspension , i wasn’t sure if they all have this

Hello everyone

Secondly - there are a couple I have seen on auto trader but their optional extras seem to differ slightly , I was wondering if anyone has an old brochure so I can see what each package is and how much it costs
One of the vehicles state is have air suspension , i wasn’t sure if they all have this
I have OEM Pricing and Specification brochures for both the 2017 and 2018 variants, PM me with your email address :thumbs up:

OK, sent... :superman: Good luck...

Last edited:
Hello everyone

Don't get without air suspension I have a 2022 Q5 S line- ride is atrocious at low speeds

Hello everyone

Air suspension definitely an option, and certainly more important if it has the larger wheels, and equally whether they are run flat or not.

Great all rounders. I would look for C&S, Technology Pack, decent size wheels and ideally pano, but not essential. Air suspension nice to have, but as mentioned depends on the wheels whether 20’s or 21’s etc

We bought our 2018 almost 2 years ago and we haven't looked back. Been an almost faultless 2 years as well.
The only options ours hasn't got is air suspension which I wish we has gone for and we didn't get the upgraded interior lighting either which I suppose would have been nice.

Seems to be a few well spec'd ones for sale at the moment.

It was £2k so must've been one of if not the most expensive optional extra! (£1k on the vorsprung edition).

I've got Comfort and Sound, Tech Pack, Tour Pack on mine (the latter was a must have for me). I do miss not having the Storage Pack, it's only a £175 extra and I found the little net pouches so useful on my A3.

Reactions: NevMan
A word of caution about the panoramic sunroof. They can cause problems with leaks once they’re a few years old.

I have a 2018 SQ5 tfsi (owned it since 2019). Apart from a few recalls fixed under warranty its been great. Have a search for my previous posts for talk on recalls.

To fuel it is expensive (but I guess you know that anyway) and tyres can be expensive, the factory Pirelli P Zeros are made of chocolate, guess many SQ5's that you'll be looking at will have different brands on by now? I'm finding Michelin PS4 SUV's much better than the Pirelli's.

Must haves on any potiential purchase: virtual cockpit, comfort and sound pack (B&O), hillhold assist, rear camera, wireless charging, carbon inlays (mines got the piano black ones), flat bottom steering wheel and 21" alloys (mines got the Audi 5 spoke sport ones and not the diamond cut ones).

Most want panroof but mine doesn't have it and according to owners they creak and groan so can be doing without that.

Some come with side steps so that's a personal choice (mine don't have these).

You'll be VERY lucky to find one with air suspension as I believe that was a rare option that most first owners didn't tick?

Sometimes I look at chopping mine in, but then I realise that anything I want doesn't have the spec I currently have or is out of my budget.

In summary you won't go wrong with a well specc'd and well maintained SQ5. Good luck.

Reactions: Cooky0630, jdp1962 and 45bvtc
Thank you for all of the reply’s, air suspension does seem to be a hard one to find.
Is there an easy way to check if it does have it ? I believe there’s an additional button on the boot ?

Thank you for all of the reply’s, air suspension does seem to be a hard one to find.
Is there an easy way to check if it does have it ? I believe there’s an additional button on the boot ?

Lots here to view, review: high static ride height, looking underneath to see the air suspension units, plus the MMI control is my best guess,

And remember the Porshe Macan is an SQ5 clone, so lots of information on Porshe Macan Forums
NOT EVERYONE THINK IT A GOOD OPTION!

What is the benefit if the tour pack ?

Affords the car MORE control over YOU!

Reactions: jdp1962
It’s a bit like the quattro sport differential on the B8 S4, a desirable option but expensive so rarely picked at order stage. Trying to find a used one with the sports diff is very very difficult.

Reactions: NevMan