A3 Vorsprung questions(not S3)

lqid

Reaction score
Hi all. I ordered an A3 Vorsprung(35 TFSI) in Feb this year, and since there are no Vorsprung options for a3 on the website now, what will happen to my order? I asked the dealer, and he said the factory would build it in the 3rd week of 2023. I am curious will they really build an a3 Vorsprung, or will they ask me to change my configuration once they notice it? BTW, I am also unsure about the 2 memory spaces for the seat adjustment. For Edition 1, it is only on 35TDI. Will it be the same for the Vorsprung trim?

Yes it will. The MEPV battery and control unit on the 35tfsi is located under both front seats so there is no room for the parts required for the memory function, apparently!

Reactions: lqid
Yes it will. The MEPV battery and control unit on the 35tfsi is located under both front seats so there is no room for the parts required for the memory function, apparently!
I’ve seen a few 35tfsi with electric seats and memory function.
look on auto trader there’s a few for sale with both features

Sorry should have said that the autos do not have memory seats but the manuals do, but am I correct in thinking that only the autos are mild hybrid? I can not remember.

Sorry should have said that the autos do not have memory seats but the manuals do, but am I correct in thinking that only the autos are mild hybrid? I can not remember.
You are correct: the mild hybrid system is a non-optional part of the auto spec; manual A3s are not fitted with it.

Reactions: lqid and STmichael
Thanks for that. I thought I was correct but did not have the info around me at the time to be 100%.

Reactions: lqid and AdamInKent
Thank you. This is very helpful.