De badge

CKAJCA

Reaction score
I am thinking of removing the A3 35 TFSi badges from the back of my car. I think it would improve the look. Has anyone done this? Are they just stuck on with some type of double sided 3M type tape? Are they easy to remove without damaging the paint. Your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Colin

I' removed my 35 TFSI badging as it was bugging me when cleaning the car, snagging on my towels etc, then would hold water and drip :blow:.

IMG 4574

Really easy to remove, heat the badge up lightly with a hair dryer. I then used a plastic trim tool to peel them away (credit card would also work).
It will leave a little gluey residue, but nothing a bit of polish or tar remover won't sort.

I also removed the A3 on my old A3, but kind of regretted it, here's the pic for reference anyway:

20160203 120916

I' removed my 35 TFSI badging as it was bugging me when cleaning the car, snagging on my towels etc, then would hold water and drip :blow:.

View attachment 261397

Really easy to remove, heat the badge up lightly with a hair dryer. I then used a plastic trim tool to peel them away (credit card would also work).
It will leave a little gluey residue, but nothing a bit of polish or tar remover won't sort.

I also removed the A3 on my old A3, but kind of regretted it, here's the pic for reference anyway:

View attachment 261398
That was very helpful. Thanks for your extensive reply. It has given me the confidence to go ahead. Cheers.

I like to debadge as well . Same technique every time
Hairdryer ( not a heat gun ! ) , warm it up and then use fishing wire and a sawing motion. This will slowly take the badge off but leaves the residue.
Two ways to get this off depending on your tools. Get a bottle of sticky stuff remover ( or similar) and a plastic vinyl application tool and slowly scrape it off and then wipe clean with your polish of choice .
If you prefer the powertool method, get yourself one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18496489...d_W3exgP5QWKQm98bISZW9XJki-WyrJIaAhRSEALw_wcB
Its a rubber disc that you pop in your drill and it just whizzes off the residue in a matter of seconds. Then clean with polish

I like to debadge as well . Same technique every time
Hairdryer ( not a heat gun ! ) , warm it up and then use fishing wire and a sawing motion. This will slowly take the badge off but leaves the residue.
Two ways to get this off depending on your tools. Get a bottle of sticky stuff remover ( or similar) and a plastic vinyl application tool and slowly scrape it off and then wipe clean with your polish of choice .
If you prefer the powertool method, get yourself one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18496489...d_W3exgP5QWKQm98bISZW9XJki-WyrJIaAhRSEALw_wcB
Its a rubber disc that you pop in your drill and it just whizzes off the residue in a matter of seconds. Then clean with polish
Thanks for the info and link to the rubber disc. Definitely going to get one.

Looks so much better without, we removed them on the old blue one and ordered it de-badged at the dealer on the white one.
7d79d2dc6410d2ab8fcd4c8f79833696.jpg
c38923137657a7b95c99f9b79586ae0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I got my dealer to debadge a previous car (Volvo V40). They did a good job, and since they did it before I collected it, if things went wrong, they would have to sort it before I collected it! I tried the same with the Audi leased car (V40 was also leased but I collected from dealer), they said no, it can only be delivered to you.

Do it! I did the same and it looks way cleaner without those letters, I even went ahead and used a small brush with black acrylic paint to cover up the white dealer letterings on the license plate holder. Also 'TFSI' in Arabic means 'someone lets out gas (silent fart)'..

I asked my dealer to debadge the car before delivery. Otherwise I would have used a heat gun/blow drier and fishing line or floss.

IMG 1277