tie bars

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
since ive dropped my car a fair bit im going to sort out the tie bar issue,
i had a mate at audi try to do the wheel alinment(spelling):asskicking: but could not adjust it anough,
my idea is to take a little out of the oem bars and use the adjustment on the car.
am i right in thinking its the bars at the bottom and not the top?
i was thinking about 10mm but i could do with some 2nd hand bars to play with.
any thoughts??

IIRC
Forge are 'top' mounted
KW are 'bottom' mounted

From the 4WA feedback I had on my 2002 S3; the KW tie bars were suggested to 'pull them in-line' from underneath as if I went for top mounted they would 'push out' and would make 4WA a regular occurence. This issue was down to the rear left cast. Still waiting for the funds to do it all though....

thats ok then as im looking to shorten the lower one which will pull the bottom of the wheel in.

i put mine on the top so it made the rear track a bit wider, pushing the top out rather than on the bottom it would bring the wheel in.

i need to shorten the lower one's to bring the top out a little

that wont make the top move out though, it will bring the bottoms inwards the top will remain the same

yeah sorry ollie i mean bring the bottom in so the wheel sits right then space them a little if needed..

ive got 15mm spacers on the back and TBH i think it could do with 20mm maybe

im running 10mm rears and once the bars are done i think ill need 15's

just to follow up on this............... i got some 20mm spacers and they are to big and it rubs. so it looks like 15mm is the biggest for the rears.

But i fitted my Porsche brakes and had to move my 15mm to the front to clear the caliper and thats fine with no rubbing so looks like 15's all round will be fine