Usb aux connector

CK87

Reaction score
hello everyone,

kinda confused. Im about to replace the usb aux connector that is in the storage compartment (center console beneath the arm rest).

in my car ths partnumber is 81a035736. , but on the interne often see a really similiar patrt with number. 4G0035736
The only difference it had a mobile
Phone symbol on it.

this can’t be the only difference right? What does some audi a6 has 81a035736 and other ones has 4G0035736 . Is it due to year of manufacturing or something? Or are they really different?

You don't say what year your car is but I think, though I may be wrong, that they added the phone symbol to the connector when they added CarPlay/Android Auto functionality to the car to indicate this is where you connected the device. At the end of the day it is a USB socket so either should be fine

You don't say what year your car is but I think, though I may be wrong, that they added the phone symbol to the connector when they added CarPlay/Android Auto functionality to the car to indicate this is where you connected the device. At the end of the day it is a USB socket so either should be fine
I was assuming it should be enough to post it in this subforum (c7). Sorry.
I have a c7.5 (facelift 2017)