Haldex Gen 5 service

Fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi All

Thats my 150tdi done 60,000 miles. I now change the haldex oil and clean the pump every 10,000 miles and have just done it again. There was quite a bit of build up on the pump gauze (sorry no photos) but less that I have had before. Considerably less debris in the well that the pump sits in and the old oil was much cleaner than last time. I used the febi bilstein oil this time.

A bit of info that may be of interest. I drained the oil and cleaned the pump gauze and reassembled as normal. Filled the oil and ran the engine for a minute or so. I topped up the haldex unit and it took a bit more oil. I then ran the pump learn function on vcds. That's the point I stopped at last time but this time, as it was still up on ramps/blocks, I decided to check the level again out of curiosity. I was surprised that it took another 50ml of oil as I thought running the engine filled the pump.

Worth checking and topping up again after a pump learn procedure.

New Conti TS870 on, oil and filter change done and haldex serviced. Bring on the snow.

Cheers

Dave

Reactions: Harvey, Damo S and JohnM100
Useful tip, will see if I can squeeze in more oil at my next drain, fill, prime followed by pump learn. I've been using Febi 101172 oil for my last two oil changes & had no issues. First time I drained after buying the car I got 750ml out but only managed to fill with 700ml with subsequent drain/fill being 700ml so your idea may well work to get another 50ml in.

Reactions: Fatbloke