Has any one fitted H7 Philips Ultinon Pro9100 HL LED Headlights

ltheONEl

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has tried this brand of light for Dip Beam?

Have tried them on A1 8X, which has very similar reflector to the one of the A3 8V. The beam pattern was very bad, no way acceptable for other drivers.
The one that produced excellent beam pattern was finally the Osram Ledriving HL Gen2.

(on the other hand, the Philips H7 were perfect in projectors, thankfully my father was looking for Led H7 for his Kuga)

Reactions: ltheONEl
Thanks for the response. I really need better dipped beam performance and really not sure what to do.

I just had a pair of standard power Philips bulbs put in mine when one blew. That sorted them out. They lose brightness over time. There really is no need for anything brighter. The other thing I did was manually adjust the headlight alignment as they were pointing down far too much and only lighting up a short section of road. This is easy to do and it passed the MOT fine with them angled up a bit more (but not so they are dazzling oncoming drivers).

I just had a pair of standard power Philips bulbs put in mine when one blew. That sorted them out. They lose brightness over time. There really is no need for anything brighter. The other thing I did was manually adjust the headlight alignment as they were pointing down far too much and only lighting up a short section of road. This is easy to do and it passed the MOT fine with them angled up a bit more (but not so they are dazzling oncoming drivers).
Yeah I am going to try that. Just need to figure out how to get the dang bulb out. lol.

I fitted some of these in my wifes 16 plate Polo to replace the factory H7 candles. Having tried some upgraded Nightbreaker H7's and not found a great difference after reading several tests https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/reviews/philips-ultinon-pro9000-pro5000-led-review.html I bought some.
And they are very good , The issues stated above about the beam pattern are not a problem on the Polos reflector headlights. As in the review I linked above the beam pattern is better than the stock Halogen if that can be possible. I could see the beam pattern on our garage door and took it to my local MOT station who I use for all our cars and asked them to check it. He agreed it was a great beam pattern and the lights were bright.

Last edited:
I fitted some of these in my wifes 16 plate Polo to replace the factory H7 candles. Having tried some upgraded Nightbreaker H7's and not found a great difference after reading several tests https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/reviews/philips-ultinon-pro9000-pro5000-led-review.html I bought some.
And they are very good , The issues stated above about the beam pattern are not a problem on the Polos reflector headlights. As in the review I linked above the beam pattern is better than the stock Halogen if that can be possible. I could see the beam pattern on our garage door and took it to my local MOT station who I use for all our cars and asked them to check it. He agreed it was a great beam pattern and the lights were bright.
Your post reminded me that the ultinon pro9000 (H4) are great (intensity & pattern) at the round headlight of my motorcycle, forgot to mention it the other day.
They just needed a slight rotation in the ring (they are adjustable) to provide the correct pattern.

Are they any easier to replace than Xenon bulbs? Because, quite frankly., I still don't have any skin left on my knuckles from when I changed mine.

• Haha
Reactions: BillyGiann