Finally got a TCU/DSG tune

Reaction score
So I finally bit the bullet and decided to get a TCU/DSG tune done after rejecting it when I had my ECU mapped to Stage 1 a year ago and man I should of done this a long time ago
That car feels so much smoother at driving and surprisingly somehow got more power out of it?
with stage 1 ECU final figures were 370BHP, after the dyno runs today final figure was 388BHP and apparently it’s normal to see some power increase?

so if any of you are pondering about getting a TCU/DSG tune to go with your stage 1 map do it. You won’t regret it.

Reactions: Harvey
It's possible that you may see a small increase if the clutch was slipping on the stock tune. As you are only making 380bhp the stock gearbox tune would be happy with that. The main reason for the increase will be the very much colder weather we have been having lately. The main advantage is usually better shift points so it's not racing to get you into top gear at 30 mph and in Sport it's more useable .

It's possible that you may see a small increase if the clutch was slipping on the stock tune. As you are only making 380bhp the stock gearbox tune would be happy with that. The main reason for the increase will be the very much colder weather we have been having lately. The main advantage is usually better shift points so it's not racing to get you into top gear at 30 mph and in Sport it's more useable .
Yeah I instantly felt the difference in driving. It’s a shame it doesn’t come like this from factory.

TBH I dont know why anyone wouldnt TCU tune to get the best performance and longevity out of their gearbox if they ECU tune

I would always do both but glad you have it done and are enjoying it!

TBH I dont know why anyone wouldnt TCU tune to get the best performance and longevity out of their gearbox if they ECU tune

I would always do both but glad you have it done and are enjoying it!
Yeah I was sceptical of it but after driving with ECU tune for about a year I thought I’d give it a go