Audi died on me

Duane32

Reaction score
Hi everyone hopefully someone can shed some light to my problem,
so i was pulling away at traffic lights and my car just cut out on me and now will not start at all

so far i have checked its getting fuel which as far as i can tell it is
Checked cambelt to make sure that hasnt snapped tried a good working battery put a known working crankshaft sensor in to try checked to see if any boost pipes have come off they all look fine a few people on other groups a sugested to check for spark (that one im not guite sure how to do still learning lol )
I do have obdeleven which i have scanned the car with and theres no faults showing if anyone has any idears or could possibly direction that would be great

thanks

Hi everyone hopefully someone can shed some light to my problem,
so i was pulling away at traffic lights and my car just cut out on me and now will not start at all

so far i have checked its getting fuel which as far as i can tell it is
Checked cambelt to make sure that hasnt snapped tried a good working battery put a known working crankshaft sensor in to try checked to see if any boost pipes have come off they all look fine a few people on other groups a sugested to check for spark (that one im not guite sure how to do still learning lol )
I do have obdeleven which i have scanned the car with and theres no faults showing if anyone has any idears or could possibly direction that would be great

thanks
Its a 2007 tfsi bul by the way

Can you hear the in tank pump start when the ignition is turned on?. Boost pipes off won't stop a car starting. Is the Tacho registering when the engine is turning?. If it is the crank sensor is probably good. How did you decide the fuel was good. You need a lot of pressure in the high pressure rail so if you undo a fuel pipe and some dribbles out that's not proving the fuel supply. If you have some brake cleaner or something like easy start squirting this into the intake as the engine is cranked should make the engine fire if the plugs are good. Having VCDS means you can look at measuring blocks and you can see things like fuel pressure which makes things a lot easier. Daft question how much fuel is in the tank??.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Theres quater of a tank of fuel in it and not vcds but i do have obdeleven so i can check measuring blocks etc if you could point me in the right direction and yes the rev counter moves when i try and crank it

I am not sure how OBDeleven works compared to VCDS. Fuel pressure should be about 40 bar 4000kpa at idle. When it's cranking it will probably be a bit less but with VCDS you get specified and actual readings. Not sure if you get the specified reading with OBDeleven .

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Just an update turned out it was a blown fuse in the ecu tray and the connectors where wet all dried cleaned and new fuse and ecu box resealed all is well thanks for your help

Reactions: desertstorm
better check the drain hole beneath the battery then otherwise you'll get it soaked again.

Just an update turned out it was a blown fuse in the ecu tray and the connectors where wet all dried cleaned and new fuse and ecu box resealed all is well thanks for your help
Glad you got is sorted and thanks for closing the thread with the resolution. Hopefully somebody else will find this useful if they have a similar issue.

Reactions: Duane32 and Charlie Farley