A3 2.0tdi 2008

jamieb5661

Reaction score
Hi guys have this issue and no codes. Glow plug light flashes and engine cuts off hard/looses power briefly. Anyone had this issue before

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215_105819_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215_105819_Gallery.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 61
You will have codes, just your code reader doesn't scan that deep. You need vcds I bet to scan it

Reactions: No more
Hi guys have this issue and no codes. Glow plug light flashes and engine cuts off hard/looses power briefly. Anyone had this issue before
Had this happen to me & it eventually went into limp/safe mode. Turned out my DPF was totally blocked up & my EGR valve was jammed in closed position. I would get it checked out asap, I continued to drive mine on short journeys as it only happened now & again but it completely clogged up my inlet manifold & my car was undriveable. Had to get it completely stripped down & cleaned out, which was a nightmare.

Had this happen to me & it eventually went into limp/safe mode. Turned out my DPF was totally blocked up & my EGR valve was jammed in closed position. I would get it checked out asap, I continued to drive mine on short journeys as it only happened now & again but it completely clogged up my inlet manifold & my car was undriveable. Had to get it completely stripped down & cleaned out, which was a nightmare.

Thanks mate I jave a video of what happening when driving. Yes it did it now and then and now it's getting worse. Like hard to set off I'm 1st gear as its constantly flashing and shutting off

Just had It plugged in and only Code on there is intake motor (trottle body) . But the issue is still the same with it unplugged

Just had It plugged in and only Code on there is intake motor (trottle body) . But the issue is still the same with it unplugged
Sounds like that's blocked, unplugging it will bring the code, just like it does when it's blocked/faulty

Thanks mate I jave a video of what happening when driving. Yes it did it now and then and now it's getting worse. Like hard to set off I'm 1st gear as its constantly flashing and shutting off
Hate to be the one to give u the possible bad news but it definitely sounds like the exact same problem as I had only 4 months ago. Mechanic put it down to my driving journeys as I no longer travelled long journeys, I only used it on short local trips frequently due to change of circumstances. Mines was a 2010 2lt tdi quattro with 98k on the clock. Had it for 5yrs & only done 10k in those 5 yrs. Should have, but never did, frequent oil changes due to the low miles I did yearly (due to my ignorance) I learned the hard way unfortunately.
Mines eventually gave off a lot of black smoke on start up & on hard acceleration. Would drastically loose power on any up hill gradients & had to be driven in 1st gear.
I hope this isn't the problem u have but hopefully its helped u get to the problem before it gets as bad as mines did. Good luck & keep us all posted on progress

Hate to be the one to give u the possible bad news but it definitely sounds like the exact same problem as I had only 4 months ago. Mechanic put it down to my driving journeys as I no longer travelled long journeys, I only used it on short local trips frequently due to change of circumstances. Mines was a 2010 2lt tdi quattro with 98k on the clock. Had it for 5yrs & only done 10k in those 5 yrs. Should have, but never did, frequent oil changes due to the low miles I did yearly (due to my ignorance) I learned the hard way unfortunately.
Mines eventually gave off a lot of black smoke on start up & on hard acceleration. Would drastically loose power on any up hill gradients & had to be driven in 1st gear.
I hope this isn't the problem u have but hopefully its helped u get to the problem before it gets as bad as mines did. Good luck & keep us all posted on progress
I've just heard my model doesn't have a dpf? Is that correct? Mine a 57 2.0tdi pd140 BKD engine?

I've just heard my model doesn't have a dpf? Is that correct? Mine a 57 2.0tdi pd140 BKD engine?
I wouldn't know for sure if it has one fitted unfortunately. Hopefully if not then it may be a slightly different case...