Tailgate showing open when closed

ahtcap

Reaction score
I've removed the tailgate panel ,no sign of any water coming from the wiper motor.
Boot opens and locks,

If u av a code grab a hold off vcds and remove fault code then see if it returns , if it returns further investigation needed

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

No codes
Rear wiper and washer not working when the tailgate is shut,indicators do not flash when locking with key fob.

check the wires that go from the body to the boot for cracks/damage

check the wires that go from the body to the boot for cracks/damage
I removed the trim on R/H side of the tailgate to reveal the rubber sleeve,but im not sure how far the sleeve will pull back?(going to try again tomorrow when its warmer and the rubber is more flexible).

I removed the trim on R/H side of the tailgate to reveal the rubber sleeve,but im not sure how far the sleeve will pull back?(going to try again tomorrow when its warmer and the rubber is more flexible).
If i mind correctly it should pull ba k a fair bit as i had to pull mine so i could run my dashcam cable through it . I canny see how the wires in there could be broken or chaffed but stranger things have happenes

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Check the wiring connector to the boot lock for any corrosion water ingress, if it's greeny whitey then it's corroded & probably the issue.

Thanks for the replies
I have had the lock in pieces and can see no corrosion, the little micro switch seems to be OK.
Just waiting on a new lock coming and will try that.If that doesn't fix it then i feel it must be a broken wire.