Window Motor

vdt

Reaction score
Might be a silly question, but are the passenger and drivers side window motor/regulator interchangeable, meaning they can be installed on either side, or different from each other?

Usually end of the part no is different by one digit (801 drivers side, 802 passenger), but I’ve noticed some sellers listing it interchangeably.

Would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

Can i ask the reasoning behind why u would want to change passengers to drivers side if they qhere interchangable .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ideally just fit the same part or superseded too version or you could lose functions.

Can i ask the reasoning behind why u would want to change passengers to drivers side if they qhere interchangable .

I'm not sure if they're interchangeable, that's what I'm asking. It's hard to find module that is drivers side with the same part no 801P.

Ideally just fit the same part or superseded too version or you could lose functions.

So you're saying that it's possible, but not recommended? I'm after drivers side 801P, cheers.

theres left and right, front and rear. they are different.

copy the coding from your old one before you fit the new one.

edit- i see the confusion now
the parts catalogue lists 802 and 801 as drivers and passenger regardless of which side the steering wheel is, so in france 801 would be on the left door, in the uk 801 is one the right door. you notice this when looking at listings from lhd countries eg. LINK lists 802 (passenger) as 'front right'. in the uk front right is drivers, but in germany where that listing is from, thatd be passenger.

as youre in the uk just grab an 801p from a uk seller

why the need for a new window unit btw?

Last edited:
Reactions: vdt
I'm not sure if they're interchangeable, that's what I'm asking. It's hard to find module that is drivers side with the same part no 801P.

So you're saying that it's possible, but not recommended? I'm after drivers side 801P, cheers.
eBay is your friend, you have to use the 801P, that's all there is to it.

eBay is your friend, you have to use the 801P, that's all there is to it.
That's where I've been looking, 801P is listed as passenger side as well by sellers.

That's where I've been looking, 801P is listed as passenger side as well by sellers.
I think they have got description wrong as it defo looks the same as the spare 1 i have plus the fixing holes look in the correct place

I think they have got description wrong as it defo looks the same as the spare 1 i have plus the fixing holes look in the correct place

On the drivers side off RHD car motor will sit like this .
0a64ff28682fc05b46a68df38432a690.jpg

theres left and right, front and rear. they are different.

copy the coding from your old one before you fit the new one.

edit- i see the confusion now
the parts catalogue lists 802 and 801 as drivers and passenger regardless of which side the steering wheel is, so in france 801 would be on the left door, in the uk 801 is one the right door. you notice this when looking at listings from lhd countries eg. LINK lists 802 (passenger) as 'front right'. in the uk front right is drivers, but in germany where that listing is from, thatd be passenger.

as youre in the uk just grab an 801p from a uk seller

why the need for a new window unit btw?

Looking the fit power fold mirrors. Does VCDS have option to copy over coding from old module to new?

Cheers

Looking the fit power fold mirrors. Does VCDS have option to copy over coding from old module to new?

Cheers
VCD'S allows you to copy old module number, its worth writing it down too. You will need switch , optic and correct modules for powerfolding mirrors . If you want them to fold/unfold on key fob or unfold when drivers door opens you will need Vcp to if i mind correctly flash drivers door module .

VCD'S allows you to copy old module number, its worth writing it down too. You will need switch , optic and correct modules for powerfolding mirrors . If you want them to fold/unfold on key fob or unfold when drivers door opens you will need Vcp to if i mind correctly flash drivers door module .

Thanks. I have all other parts fitted, just need to swap out the modules and copy over. Would you know where to look in VCDS?
As for the key fob programming, i'd imagine it's best to go to a local garage/technician to get it programmed?

Thanks

Thanks. I have all other parts fitted, just need to swap out the modules and copy over. Would you know where to look in VCDS?
As for the key fob programming, i'd imagine it's best to go to a local garage/technician to get it programmed?

Thanks
In a 3dr S3 i jist did autoscan and looked for the drivers door module number , then i hoovered over code which then allows a drop down box to appear , where u add up the numbers off the parts u have installed , ie door hazard, lights puddle lights etc once u have added all numbers up put that number in the module and save ( might take a photo off orginal code ) come out off VCD's remove key from ignition wait around 1/2 minutes place key bk in ignition and try mirrors on switch .
As for the powerfolding on key fob you will need some1 who knows how to use the other software VCP

In a 3dr S3 i jist did autoscan and looked for the drivers door module number , then i hoovered over code which then allows a drop down box to appear , where u add up the numbers off the parts u have installed , ie door hazard, lights puddle lights etc once u have added all numbers up put that number in the module and save ( might take a photo off orginal code ) come out off VCD's remove key from ignition wait around 1/2 minutes place key bk in ignition and try mirrors on switch .
As for the powerfolding on key fob you will need some1 who knows how to use the other software VCP

Okay great, one other thing… do I need to re-pin the connectors for the new module, or is it plug and play?

I have an 08 pre-facelift with modules ‘K’ at the front, and ‘E’ at the rear fitted.

If i was changing out my modules on my S3 facelift and they where the coreect 1's they would just be plug n play , as for the pfl that i am not sure .