"Limited Visibility" messages

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to Audi and MMI so it's been a challenge finding my way round all the Vorsprung features. One thing that's been bugging me a lot is repeated "Limited Visibility" alerts. Reading around, these all sound very clever but with the current weather I'm getting them way too often! I can't find any way to control them and I'm not even sure what feature group they are part of - is it Pre-Sense? In any case there's no specific reference to them in the handbook or the settings. Has anyone here had any joy? Thx.

Hi all, I'm new to Audi and MMI so it's been a challenge finding my way round all the Vorsprung features. One thing that's been bugging me a lot is repeated "Limited Visibility" alerts. Reading around, these all sound very clever but with the current weather I'm getting them way too often! I can't find any way to control them and I'm not even sure what feature group they are part of - is it Pre-Sense? In any case there's no specific reference to them in the handbook or the settings. Has anyone here had any joy? Thx.

Just from personal experience I find these are generally in line with the interior being cold/fogged up, and they go away after a little driving. Usually a mile into my journey they vanish because everything has warmed up just a bit and the camera can see again.

I don’t know if that’s actually what it is, but seems to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03???
Scared the s*** out of me the first time it happened, but agree it’s annoying.

You''ll also get the 'Audi Pre sense' and if you have matrix lights 'Headlamp hi beam assist' (something like that) not available on some cold starts when the screen is misted up on the outside and the camera (in the rear view mirror assembly) cannot see through the misty windscreen

Reactions: miyagi_gb
Thanks for the replies all. I've had a variety of messages, espescially when there was snow on the top of the windscreen! There's a lot of very clever stuff available now and I guess the OTT nannying comes as a part of that. Overall though, I've been impressed with the adaptive cruise control and pre-sense. Coming from a NA 4.0 V8, I'm missing some of the instant throttle response but the extra boost is a rush when it does arrive. I'm experimenting with driving style and drive select set up to dial down the lag but that's probably best for a separate thread!

If I'm not mistaken I think it's part of the connected system where one audi can talk to another. You'll see when you get the Limited Visibility message that there's a little wifi/radio looking icon in the corner. I think it's an audi up front talking to yours to warn it of upcoming limited visibility. I got it a lot on the way back from Wales during torrential downpours a few weeks back. It would be clear where I was and I'd get that message, then sure enough 2 minutes later I'd be into sheet rain.

I think that connected system can warn of other things e.g. If car further ahead emergency brakes or swerves. Mercedes has the same thing. More top of the line models can even warn others of potholes if the suspension detects it.

Here, found more on it: https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...arm-intelligence-the-car-to-x-principle-11182

Reactions: miyagi_gb and mb127
If I'm not mistaken I think it's part of the connected system where one audi can talk to another. You'll see when you get the Limited Visibility message that there's a little wifi/radio looking icon in the corner. I think it's an audi up front talking to yours to warn it of upcoming limited visibility. I got it a lot on the way back from Wales during torrential downpours a few weeks back. It would be clear where I was and I'd get that message, then sure enough 2 minutes later I'd be into sheet rain.

I think that connected system can warn of other things e.g. If car further ahead emergency brakes or swerves. Mercedes has the same thing. More top of the line models can even warn others of potholes if the suspension detects it.

Here, found more on it: https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...arm-intelligence-the-car-to-x-principle-11182

Maybe I misread his first post and that’s what he was meaning rather than the messages saying the auto lights or pre-sense isn’t working.

If it’s the messages saying it’s foggy or whatever then these can be turned off in the MMI, I just can’t remember the exact menu.

Reactions: Carbon89
Pretty sure this is what you want to turn off
Screenshot 20220913 103456

Reactions: Daggerit
I’ve had the warning of an accident up ahead.

Problem is it turns it’s self back on at each start up.

I’ve had the warning of an accident up ahead.

Problem is it turns it’s self back on at each start up.

Interesting, mine definitely doesn’t. I was showing my brother the other day and it was still off from the day it was delivered.

Mine didnt warn me of all the f****g idiots/w**kers that used to hog the middle lane and are now hogging the 3rd lane on our 'smart motorways' even in light traffic, most annoying

Reactions: miyagi_gb
Many thanks for all the info. I'll pop out shortly and check out the MMI settings. Whilst it sounds very clever, it feels like a solution looking for a problem in this case. Now if they could figure out a way to steer people over to left when that lane is free - that's a feature I'd happily see adopted!

Agree