A3tyres.

jimladallen

Reaction score
Had my edition 1 for a couple of weeks now.Compared to my q2 it sounds whiney whilst driving.Could this be down to the tyres fitted (Bridgestones).Thoughts on this please.

I can only speculate that it's a combination of Bridgestone (Potenza S001?) and 19 inch 35 profile tyres? My thinest tyres were 40 profile 17 inches, and that was 'whiney' but were bridgestone Potenza RE050A on an Ibiza.

I can only speculate that it's a combination of Bridgestone (Potenza S001?) and 19 inch 35 profile tyres? My thinest tyres were 40 profile 17 inches, and that was 'whiney' but were bridgestone Potenza RE050A on an Ibiza.
Thanks for reply.

Also it depends on how much tred left on the tyres, at certain mm, it may resonnate different sounds...it may get less whiney, or maybe more....

It probably has something to do with tires, but I also heard that sound insulation in general had to go south because of newly adopted mild hybrid technology. I am not very knowledgeable about these things, but I remember reading something about how the battery placed underneath the passenger seat forced Audi to adopt another kind of insulation from before. Not sure though if this would be related at all to the whiney sound you mention.

It probably has something to do with tires, but I also heard that sound insulation in general had to go south because of newly adopted mild hybrid technology. I am not very knowledgeable about these things, but I remember reading something about how the battery placed underneath the passenger seat forced Audi to adopt another kind of insulation from before. Not sure though if this would be related at all to the whiney sound you mention.
Thanks for the info.