Right then, no more mods to the old bus.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
It's a new year and changes may be afoot on several fronts, hopefully for the better.
I've decided that the old bus is more than up to spec for what I need so the brakes have been applied fully on any new mods or projects.
I'll finish the turbo upgrade as I have that in the garage and it's a project that's been ongoing for a few years now so I want to complete it.
Otherwise, no more wheels, HUs etc.
I'm just going to enjoy the old bus for as long as it is viable.

have good one chaps.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and B7Tourer
I get like this from time to time too Rob, its quite nice to take a break from constantly thinking about the next mod, or the mods currently ongoing. Enjoy the mod break and Happy new year!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Aye, there comes a time just to simply enjoy our faithful old carriages, Rob. Happy New Year!

Nope, I mean it this time.
I'm going to finish the big turbo upgrade kit as I've bought it and don't plan on selling the kit at a loss.
The old bus is pretty well as good as it needs to be for me, and way better than it was.
I'll keep it maintained properly and treat it to some bodywork care but no more new upgrades, mods or projects.

The old bus was allways a good spec from the factory which saved me doing all the normal retro mods, and with the bits I've done over the last 8 years its a win-win situation now.:yahoo:

I've lost track of some bits but I think at this moment in time it's as follows.
Mods done so far.
S4 Recaro's full electric heated front and back
S4 Blades
S4 Mirror covers
S4 rear bumper valance.
Rs4 full carbon interior trim set
Rs4 FBSW with carbon dipped trim
Rs4 satin silver front grille
Fog lamp mesh covers
Alpine iLx705d HU
Alpine rear cam
KW coil overs
OZ 19" 8.5j Superturismo LM's
034 Intake pipe
JHP FMIC
Custom PCV
HPFP
A4 B7 2.0 TFSI K04 - 064 Turbo upgrade kit ( in the garage ready to be fitted asap)
NewSouth dash vent boost gauge
Custom remap currently at a safe 270bhp
Brembo 18z front calipers
M-Tec 345mm grooved and drilled front discs
M-Tec grooved drilled rear discs
Quad 90mm rear exhaust tips.
Rs4 Rear ARB ( factory fit)
Morimoto HID headlamp bulbs
A6 front snub mount bung.
rear tints.

Options factory fitted so saved me doing them.
Adaptive Xenons with H/wash
Color DIS
Clear corner indicators
Comfort pack
Interior lighting pack
Valcona leather trim
Rs4 Rear ARB ( factory fit)
Debadged from the factory

Aborted the 034 HFC / decat route due to MOT Faff, just not worth the hassle.
Removed the Cupra LCR splitter too.

I think that is about it, what more could one ask for from a 15-year-old bus. :yahoo:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricky Burrows, Gmac, tr7 and 1 other person
Great list. And great idea

I need to do a list on mine. And finish up a few jobs I've been delaying too

Full brakes and remap

Happy New Year guys

Reactions: Sandra
Well Rob, I think you'll be happy poodling about for a while........... Then the Audi 'itch' will begin tweaking at you & seeing all the mods everyone else is/will be doing, it'll get more & more itchy until the scratch is required. Then back on track, business as usual!
You know you wanna........ :whistle2: :yes::icon thumright:

Not this time chap.
I really don't need to do anymore, it's brilliant the way it is and once the big turbo kit is fitted and remapped properly that is it for the old bus project and mods-wise.
I have a few other projects to work on that have been ongoing for some time and I want to finish them.
:icon thumright:

what I do plan on doing with the old bus is taking it on a few track days this year once its all tuned up just right.
May sound a bit bonkers taking an old b7 Avant on a track day but its a good opportunity to put it through its paces a bit, something that cant be done on public roads.
May give some others on the track a run for their money..:yahoo:

• Love
Reactions: Rob Avant, Sandra and NM07
How do I know if I have the factory fit RS4 ARB fitted in my B7 Rob?

The easy way is to just measure the diameter of the arb, it wasn't fitted from the factory to many to be honest, from my understanding it was specific to a suspension option.

How do I know if I have the factory fit RS4 ARB fitted in my B7 Rob?
C5B1B68A E3C8 4C34 A065 ECF02296C8DF

From my mate at audi
6260950F AB3F 40AB 8685 F4B1E83987BD

Reactions: tr7, Charlie Farley and Fatihh_b7
Yeah! Just checked mine from the vin. It is the 18mm one, unless it hasn’t been already upgraded gonna have to do it
Ive got the 20mm S4 one on my DTM as ive bought a complete S4 rear axle to have refreshed so i threw the roll bar on and the difference over the 18mm is really noticeable, once im ready to fit the S4 axle il be upgrading the rear ARB again for a bigger aftermarket one.

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Ive got the 20mm S4 one on my DTM as ive bought a complete S4 rear axle to have refreshed so i threw the roll bar on and the difference over the 18mm is really noticeable, once im ready to fit the S4 axle il be upgrading the rear ARB again for a bigger aftermarket one.
The Eibach ARB kit is brilliant. Completely transformed the car and I had the RS4 one previously. Well worth the money if you’re investing in the car

The Eibach ARB kit is brilliant. Completely transformed the car and I had the RS4 one previously. Well worth the money if you’re investing in the car
Did you upgrade the front roll bar or leave it stock i know a few B5 lads use to swear by only doing the rear one

Will you have to do much else for the KO4 or can you just replace the KO3 with no hassle

The kit has everything needed for what it's offering, if one wants to take it further then other uprated parts will be required.
I'm just fitting the kit and then getting a good remap.
I was considering another HFC but given the hassle, I won't bother.
And some point a new exhaust may be on the to-do list but more so as the OEM will start to fail so I'll fit something custom at that point.