Wireless Carplay vs Wired Carplay Audio quality?

NW_UK

Reaction score
Hi there,

I currently use wired carplay to listen to music due to better audio quality in comparison to bluetooth. I am thinking of buying a wireless carplay adapter (e.g. cplay2air). Would the audio quality be the same?

I guess there are two questions in this post.
1. Is "normal" wireless carplay audio the same as wired? (n/a for my car but curious)
2. Will using a wireless carplay adapter have the same audio quality as wired?

I should mention I listen via Spotify (so not like I am listening to lossless quality) . And the main reason for this is because the battery health on my iPhone has degraded so much because of always being plugged in.

Last edited:
It's digital so it shouldn't affect the quality, unless it's a lower bitrate, as long as the wireless adapter supports all then I see no issues tbh, just make sure the adapter has good reviews for the B9.

Last edited:
Reactions: NW_UK
It's digital so it shouldn't affect the quality, unless it's a lower nitrate, as long as the wireless adapter supports all then I see no issues tbh, just make sure the adapter has good reviews for the B9.
Thank you for the quick response :) - Any that you recommend?

I’ve been using the cplay2air for a couple of years now. It’s been pretty solid and I didn’t notice any difference in audio quality.
there’s regular firmware updates and this has been good.
like any computer it occasionally needs restarted unplug then plug back in.

Reactions: NW_UK
I’ve been using the cplay2air for a couple of years now. It’s been pretty solid and I didn’t notice any difference in audio quality.
there’s regular firmware updates and this has been good.
like any computer it occasionally needs restarted unplug then plug back in.
Thank you for the review :)