Add AMI port to chorus 2?

David2

Reaction score
As the title says..

Trying to save some cash here, I’ve got a Chorus 2 head with an iPod Dock, and I picked up a Bovee tune2air. The bovee adaptor connects to an AMI port (afaik?) and I don’t have one.
Is it possible to connect this into the dock connector wiring?

AMI requires RNSE 193 model I'm afraid. The iPod dock, (afaik) doesn't support any of the aftermarket BT adapters.

AMI requires RNSE 193 model I'm afraid. The iPod dock, (afaik) doesn't support any of the aftermarket BT adapters.
Thanks for that, I had a feeling this was going to be the case!
Do you know if it’s possible to connect something to the back of the head itself?
I saw this, but it’s connecting to a cd changer:

You would be best to have auxin & bt adapter of which I've fitted many times.

Thanks for that, I had a feeling this was going to be the case!
Do you know if it’s possible to connect something to the back of the head itself?
I saw this, but it’s connecting to a cd changer:

Update, I’ve installed the BT adapter from this video and it’s working great. Head unit is a Chorus 2+, was very easy.

Update, I’ve installed the BT adapter from this video and it’s working great. Head unit is a Chorus 2+, was very easy.
Do u have any interference that affects the quality off the Chorus 2 .
Plus i noticed in video that the lads Blue plug is removed , was curious to know what function the Blue plug has . Cheers

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Do u have any interference that affects the quality off the Chorus 2 .
Plus i noticed in video that the lads Blue plug is removed , was curious to know what function the Blue plug has . Cheers

No interference here, had a good few hours listening over the weekend.
On mine the blue plug was the iPod dock, the head control is the same as if I were using the iPod too.

No interference here, had a good few hours listening over the weekend.
On mine the blue plug was the iPod dock, the head control is the same as if I were using the iPod too.
Cheers mate , just i used to have the Symphony 2 with ipod cradle in Armrest and it worked fine plus Blue plug was in bk off head unit .

Reactions: David2