I might have bought another crash damaged B8 A4 avant

Simon

Reaction score
Well when I say might it was delivered yesterday…

2008 3.0 tai Quattro SE, leather, nav, phone prep and CD multi-player! (Though missing the cartridge) in the pics it was missing the rear bumper and lights, had a space saver fitted. No other obvious damage so I was expecting some rear suspension problems. Turned up and on investigation it looks like it has been reversed onto a low wall/rock as just one corner of the spare wheel tub has been caved in a bit.

I suspect it went in for the bumper repair and as it was dismantled they discovered this damage which pushed it into the write off zone As they would have had to cut it all out for an insurance repair where I can just get the hammer and dollies out to make it good again. Rear lights were even in the boot! All I need to do is spray and fit a bumper and we are pretty much good to go.

anyone know about remapping the 3.0 tdi?

2008 3.0 tai Quattro SE, leather, nav, phone prep and CD multi-player! (Though missing the cartridge) in the pics it was missing the rear bumper and lights, had a space saver fitted. No other obvious damage so I was expecting some rear suspension problems. Turned up and on investigation it looks like it has been reversed onto a low wall/rock as just one corner of the spare wheel tub has been caved in a bit.

I suspect it went in for the bumper repair and as it was dismantled they discovered this damage which pushed it into the write off zone As they would have had to cut it all out for an insurance repair where I can just get the hammer and dollies out to make it good again. Rear lights were even in the boot! All I need to do is spray and fit a bumper and we are pretty much good to go.

@bobby singh :)

Reactions: bobby singh

CAPA or CCWA?
Drop me a email I got plenty of options - BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

Seeing as this car is now back on the road I thought I'd do a quick update

72900452 Image 1

72900452 Image 4
72900452 Image 5

these were the images I got to see (and a few others) from the copart listing, my expectation was some rear suspension damage and perhaps a new wheel required. what we actually found was that that the spare wheel tub and exhaust were dented along with a tiny dent on the rear tailgate. The bumper was missing (expected) but the lights were in the boot (not expected) and the wheel was in perfect condition.

I could have got the exhaust repaired but I found a complete replacement in good condition on ebay for £100 so bought that, and I found a bumper skin in colour for £180 so bought that too. The damage to the wheel well is so minimal I actually haven't bothered doing anything with it, the spare fits in nicely so it doesn't make a great deal of sense to bother with it.

The new bumper came with parking sensors that this car was not specc'd with so I've bought a control module and the wiring kit to retro fit is on order from kufatec, while the exhaust was off we fitted a back box delete that I originally bought for the S4 but never fitted. The car has had some paint before on the rear passenger lower quarter and it needs sanding and polishing (the whole car needs a good mop and polish) but once that is done I think it will look pretty decent for it's age and miles (125k) The only other issue is that the heater blower doesn't seem to work, common fault seems to be the resistor pack so I've ordered one of those. car gets up to temp okay and there are not signs of coolant loss or ingress into the car.

I've got a set of freshly refurbished S4 alloys that I will fit and I'd like to lower it - am I right in thinking that Sline dampers and springs will achieve that without sacrificing the ride too much?

All in all for £3k on the road I am pretty happy with this, my son will be using it as his daily and I'll have a sensible practical car available to borrow and the S4 can go up for sale to be replaced with an R8 or Aston depending on which way my dear wife chooses to go!

Reactions: Sandra and jdp1962
Seeing as this car is now back on the road I thought I'd do a quick update

View attachment 264098

View attachment 264099View attachment 264100

these were the images I got to see (and a few others) from the copart listing, my expectation was some rear suspension damage and perhaps a new wheel required. what we actually found was that that the spare wheel tub and exhaust were dented along with a tiny dent on the rear tailgate. The bumper was missing (expected) but the lights were in the boot (not expected) and the wheel was in perfect condition.

I could have got the exhaust repaired but I found a complete replacement in good condition on ebay for £100 so bought that, and I found a bumper skin in colour for £180 so bought that too. The damage to the wheel well is so minimal I actually haven't bothered doing anything with it, the spare fits in nicely so it doesn't make a great deal of sense to bother with it.

The new bumper came with parking sensors that this car was not specc'd with so I've bought a control module and the wiring kit to retro fit is on order from kufatec, while the exhaust was off we fitted a back box delete that I originally bought for the S4 but never fitted. The car has had some paint before on the rear passenger lower quarter and it needs sanding and polishing (the whole car needs a good mop and polish) but once that is done I think it will look pretty decent for it's age and miles (125k) The only other issue is that the heater blower doesn't seem to work, common fault seems to be the resistor pack so I've ordered one of those. car gets up to temp okay and there are not signs of coolant loss or ingress into the car.

I've got a set of freshly refurbished S4 alloys that I will fit and I'd like to lower it - am I right in thinking that Sline dampers and springs will achieve that without sacrificing the ride too much?

All in all for £3k on the road I am pretty happy with this, my son will be using it as his daily and I'll have a sensible practical car available to borrow and the S4 can go up for sale to be replaced with an R8 or Aston depending on which way my dear wife chooses to go!
If you’re going to change the springs and dampers, I’d be inclined to go for an Eibach kit. Contact Damian at @DPM . It’ll ride way better than an OEM S-Line setup.

Reactions: DPM
I have a full set of s4 springs, so some better s-line dampers will be all this car needs and at a better price (I assume)