Very Unusual Spec B7 - What on earth B7 is this?

tr7

Reaction score

2008 Auto Petrol Non Special Edition but with what looks like factory black exterior trim and USA spec tailgate??

Nice mileage and looks clean and was tempted right up until I saw it was an Auto... :puke2:

Has anyone else ever saw a spec like this?

Never mind the tailgate. I never know you could get factory black exterior / pack outside of a Special Edition

Interesting

Reactions: Charlie Farley

First registered with DVLA in 2021 it's an import. Makes sense

But Import and RHD.

Hmm

In some countries it's not sold as a special edition.
It's not a US car due to the lack of indicators on the sides of the bumper and its not LHD, maybe an Australian spec being RHD , or another country where RHD is the format and in miles as the primary measurement, even Japan.

nice car though will full electric s-line seats too.

Notice it has amber indicator lens on a late 2008 car aswell, the uk cars moved away from amber lens to clear corner late 2006 onwards depending on production date.

Jap.

Reactions: Dan_G, tr7 and Charlie Farley
A closer inspection does confirm it is what would have be sold as a special edition in the UK and some euro location, but given its probably from a distant shore its named differently.

Great spec, even includes a floppy disk drive FTW :)
Screenshot 2023 01 16 at 181707

Reactions: Charlie Farley and tr7

Doesn't seem like JDM car

Info is messed up as happens with Imports in my experience. But says it's not an Non EU import apparently

Interesting

Will be looking for it showing up on a forecourt somewhere soon

some very conflicting data here compared to advert data.
Also, WAU VIN is not correct for special editions, they start with WUA as do DTM's as they all come from the RS factory.

gearbox is incorrect , let alone 5 speed .
FWD is not Quattro
An Avant is not a Coupe

And it is from a Japanese location, look at the print on the device in the storage hole .
Its Japanese txt.

That device is a card reader or miniplayer , seem to be be common place in Japanese cars across all brands of cars.

Reactions: tr7
Here you go.
specific to the JDM

in two flavours black or white.
Doesn't have the BUL engine which accounts for the VIN number, not a special edition as UK but does have similar other spec trim etc.

Interestingly all the JDM B7 variants are either CVT or 6speed auto , no manual gearbox option.

I do like the black trim on the later cars.
May still need to get that done at some point.

The B7 , and moreso the Avant (i'm a bit biased lol) is still by far one of the nicest shape audi around, just a really classy and cool looking car.

Spec here.
Its being sold as a special edition which it isnt as such .
It has numerous shared trim and bits with the special eds but that is it.
Standard discs , not the vented item.
BWE engine, not the BUL lump
and other bits and bobs vary.

That said it does have electric front seats which are nice , a nice car indeedy, not cheap either .

note the description , for the Japanese market.

this is the same car as in the autotrader ad.
checkout the headlight switch wear patch.

Its a good spec old bus indeedy with rain sensor and auto dipping rear mirror.

Spec here.
Its being sold as a special edition which it isnt as such .
It has numerous shared trim and bits with the special eds but that is it.
Standard discs , not the vented item.
BWE engine, not the BUL lump
and other bits and bobs vary.

That said it does have electric front seats which are nice , a nice car indeedy, not cheap either .

note the description , for the Japanese market.

Aye that's a listing from 2021 though

£7,940!

Screenshot 2023 01 20 at 105032

Another Import. What is it, have these hit a certain age now and started filtering in?

I've never seen a single one before now two in the same week

I think there has always been a few filtering in on personal imports but a few companies have realized there is a hole in the market for good used quality cars and by importing good cond low milage, good spec models in quantity, and making a good profit on them.
To be honest I'd buy one purely based on the spec and milage, just because it was manufactured for a specific market doesn't make it worth any less in this instance, these are ideal really.
RHD, MPH/miles, and with options that you would be hard pushed to find on a UK version.

That particular dealer , Seymour pope, appears to be such a dealer as they have sold numerous Audi all JDM, and other imports.

Check this one out. White S-Line

Never saw a B7 in white