New rear lock not working

darrenmarky

Reaction score
My rear off side door lock has been intermittent with unlocking for a while from the outside ,purchased a new genuine part and I’ve still got the issue ,looked as best I can at the wiring into the door and looks ok ,any other things to look for ? TPS are refusing to taking the £227 lock back after I’ve argued it maybe faulty

Tbh tps won't take it back unfortunately unless you can categorically prove it's faulty.

I'd get a used working lock & test with that to prove to them.

New OEM locks don't generally go wrong, so I'd be looking at the car more initially, it maybe at fault but from my experience it's something else in most cases.

Tbh tps won't take it back unfortunately unless you can categorically prove it's faulty.

New OEM locks don't generally go wrong, so I'd be looking at the car more initially, it maybe at fault but from my experience it's something else in most cases.
Think I’ll have to strip wiring down and have a look ,being intermittent I thought it was more the lock at fault than wiring,I’ve look at the look that goes from the pillar into the door and it looks ok from what I can see ,I presume the next point of call will be the wiring inside the door panel itself .
One question can the drivers door wiring effect the rear locks ?

Is this something you are equiped to fix mate ? I know cost is dependent on fault but if it’s not the lock I’d sooner get the fault found and fixed rather than throwing stuff at it ,broken wire would be the best outcome I presume

Forgot to say the actual lock is clicking when pressing the remote so I thought power was getting to it