Q5 Just ordered and now the wait

Scotty

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've not been on here for a while but have been a member for years (edit - just noticed it's been 20 years!)
Had an original TT, B6 S4, B8 A4 Avant (FWD - Audi screwed up!), B8 A4 Avant and now ordered a Q5 Sportback Sline 45 in Ultra Blue.
Been told 17-22 weeks but the towbar may impact that.
I get that the A4 and Q5 shared many common systems but the new MMI is totally new to me so I'll be familiarising myself.
Have ordered the a cargo/dog net from ebay as I'll load it with stuff from time to time.

Are there any must do mods? I saw an uprated prop shaft support bracket. Are they needed for higher tuned cars or worth it for all?

Last edited:
Behave, a Q5 Sportback will exceed your capabilities in 95% of everyday/anyday driving!

Sooooo many dreamers here....

Don't quite understand the tone of your reply. I saw what may be a longevity issue online and I'm simply asking if these are for when people tune them up or if it's a sensible thing to do from a preventative maintenance point of view.

Having a bad day?

Don't quite understand the tone of your reply. I saw what may be a longevity issue online and I'm simply asking if these are for when people tune them up or if it's a sensible thing to do from a preventative maintenance point of view.

Having a bad day?
Not at all ScoTTY but pure praise for the Q5. I've run an SQ5 for 4-years now and my only 'mod' is an uprated ARB plus the S5 9J rotors:

SQ5 Barmouth

And have had zero maintenance issues. Great car! Enjoy yours

Reactions: Scotty
On my test drive the Q5 was a bit more understeery than my A4. I don't know if that's just the physical weight (it was the hybrid), difference in the AWD or ARBs, etc. I put the RS4 ARB in my S4 and it helped neutralise it a far bit. I'll obviously run the Q5 and get used to it before any changes but its interesting that you've done yours.

Reactions: 45bvtc
On my test drive the Q5 was a bit more understeery than my A4. I don't know if that's just the physical weight (it was the hybrid), difference in the AWD or ARBs, etc. I put the RS4 ARB in my S4 and it helped neutralise it a far bit. I'll obviously run the Q5 and get used to it before any changes but its interesting that you've done yours.
Same ScoTTy: I found the ARB improved 'turn-in' sharpness and improved the ride (same on our RS3).
See: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...ounting-down-to-a-place-near-me.386559/page-5 post 166
More mods there too...

Change of plan :
Car is made and about 3 weeks from delivery ... and I've cancelled it.

New order submitted with all the 23.5 spec options. The chip shortage for Audi seems to be over
No conformed date. Possibly September or into Quarter 4

Reactions: NevMan
Change of plan :

New order submitted with all the 23.5 spec options. The chip shortage for Audi seems to be over
Don't blame you scotty, I did the same with my Q3 SLINE. 23.5 spec changes but also decided to go 40TFSI as didn't fancy the 1.5 35TFSI.
Mine was also built and on it's way, but new one probably Sept to end of year, not bothered as not in a rush

We've def turned our back on it but it still felt weird permitting the dealer to sell "our" car to someone else LOL.

Change of plan :

Hey @scoTTy how is your order (which I presume is now MY24) progressing?
My Q3 has arrived in UK (Status 40) so will likely be with dealer in the next week or three, and then Sept collection

Reactions: Scotty and Sandra
Hey @scoTTy how is your order (which I presume is now MY24) progressing?
My Q3 has arrived in UK (Status 40) so will likely be with dealer in the next week or three, and then Sept collection
In the UK they've not announced an my24. Mine is due to be build in 3 weeks time so may be ready the very end of Sept.

In the UK they've not announced an my24. Mine is due to be build in 3 weeks time so may be ready the very end of Sept.

Didn’t really announce MY24, but my Q3 is definitely MY24 as per configurator (I am talking UK).

Spesking about the uk : That's not from the Audi site is it? Edition 1 is not a MY24. Audi dropped it when they introduced the MY23.5 model. Now its Comfort, S-line and Black Edition.

That looks to me like someone is trying to sell you a MY23 car as an MY24 model!!

Edit : you said q3 and then posted a q5 image. Getting confused.

Ask your dealer what version yours is. Posted a Q5 as that is what you have ordered. As I said I KNOW mine is MY24 as the order PDF says as such. Really not looking to argue about this, couldn’t give a t*ss to be honest. All I spotted was different based on my original MY23.5 vs. MY24 was dynamic rear lights and a few other minor things I can’t recall at the moment. Enjoy your MY23.5 when it arrives

There's no argument. I simply think we're talking at cross purposes. Where did the image you posted come from? Is that from an audi Web page or somewhere else? Got a link?

Just got the "Our works is done and all checks have been completed" email. Now its down to how the three ships all align....
Possibility of end of Sept...maybe.

It's close. I can smell the excitement

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231002_113904_Email.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231002_113904_Email.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Haha
Me too.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 11.31.05.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 11.31.05.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 61
  • Haha
Copycat :wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fozzie1960
Love the new Q5 but I'll not stray from our 30k 2017 SQ5 - just does everything....

If we got the petrol SQ5 in this country, I'd be there. I simply dont want a diesel.

Reactions: Dan_G
Fortunately we have our petrol 8J TT roadster and 8PR S3, but prefer our 8R SQ5 TDi if only for the sheer TORQUE, oh so usable in cross-country driving, it's a laugh... :racer: even for a 78-year young/old

BUT! Enjoy your new machines, we don't ALL want the same things and that's GOOD!

Totally agree. E.g. I (and my family decided we didn't want leather in the new car. We've had it for 25 years in Audi's but this time we're going for the dinamica. It might have been different it heated rears we're an option but my boys were anti due to the heat of it in summer. After testing the dinamic feels a fraction comfier too. I get that's not what most people would do.

Also Audi had been pushing that the blacked out exterior was on the higher spec'ed models but we prefer the aluminium especially against the Ultra Blue. At last Audi let me spec a car without being penalised for not having black exterior trim and the black piano trim which I hate.

100% it's good that we're all different

Reactions: Sandra
Took delivery earlier ... and then swapped out the 19's for 20's. Suspension needs to settle after the wheel changes!

Very pleased with it

20231011 133901
20231011 133912
20231011 180207

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc