Audi A4 Avant B8 (B8.5) wiring diagram

DJMitchell

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking online for a wiring diagram/ location of ECU and Can high/low wires. I'm fitting a Thor exhaust myself and to do so, I need to wire in the can bus wires. Anyone got any ideas where to find online a reliable diagram or one better the location in the car? Wiring in the boot i'd imagine?
Cheers

Believe you'll need 32pin plug on the comfort module in the right side boot compartment.
Pin 19 high orange/green
Pin 20 low orange/brown

If I remember correctly it's the grey plug with pink clip, above the blue plug.

I had to tap into these when retrofitting electric tailgate motors recently.
Good luck

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJMitchell
Believe you'll need 32pin plug on the comfort module in the right side boot compartment.
Pin 19 high orange/green
Pin 20 low orange/brown

Good luck

Great! Thanks for the reply. I have had a look around since messaging. I’ve attached a picture, is this the module in question?
I’ll give it a go and let you know how it went :)

Attachments

• AA031E21-59AC-47F2-8A7E-A1A6D3255812.jpeg
    AA031E21-59AC-47F2-8A7E-A1A6D3255812.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
Which CAN bus are you looking for? From memory there are 3 or 4 (infotainment, drivetrain etc) and also a LIN bus. You need to tap the correct one or you won't see the required messages on the bus.

Great! Thanks for the reply. I have had a look around since messaging. I’ve attached a picture, is this the module in question?
I’ll give it a go and let you know how it went :)
Yeah top left with pink clip if I remember you should find the two wires in there. If not try the other 32 pin.

Which CAN bus are you looking for? From memory there are 3 or 4 (infotainment, drivetrain etc) and also a LIN bus. You need to tap the correct one or you won't see the required messages on the bus.
To be completely honest, I’m not too sure. I assumed it would be the ‘control’ one. All the device needs the can bus for is to read the revs since it replicates the engine noise. Any suggestion as to which would be appropriate?

Pin 19 high orange/green
Pin 20 low orange/brown

Good luck

Sorry I think checking again it was the black 32pin plug not the grey one that has the can wires.

Start with the CAN gateway behind the glovebox. (ignore the notes on the image) You will find all the connections here for testing. When you get it working use the colour codes from the wires you chose and see if you can find them in the back of the car. If you have to run any wires up front make sure they are twisted pairs.

Did you call Thor and ask them which bus to use?