Convenience Module replacement.

A19quattro

Reaction score
My Wife's 2010 A3 sportback has issues with the central locking and a Vag-com scan said it was unable to communicate wth the module. This has been the case more or less since we got ythe car a few months ago but the central locking issues are more recent. When I say issues sometimes it doesn't lock even though the fob has a new battery, sometimes it partially locks but some doors are still unlocked and so on. Mostly it is actually OK but I have been thinking, best to do something before it gets worse. So I checked the part number and found one for sale at a breaker on E.Bay abd ordered it. Most were slightly different letters at the end, mine is an A but there were a few Bs, Cs, Ds etc even a J. From experience with part numbers it's best to get as close to what you have, so A would be ideal, B a revision, C newer possibly revised but if you go much more it's likely to be just the wrong part, newer car different spec etc. So hving got the exact same part number, does anyone know if it will be just plug and play or is it likely to need coding. The breaker said it "might need minor coding" but not sure if he is just covering himself or not. I have Vag-com but very little coding experience. The part has not arrived yet, it is late already, so just trying to get as much info as I can before it comes.

Yes copy and save the long coding, then paste it when the new module is fitted.

Reactions: Sandra
Aa above said , go bk intonold modulenwith Vcds and copy ur code and once same module is applied just copy it over. Should work ok if module is the same . If not then probs might arise

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

OK, I think I can do that. I did see the code in VCDS even though the module can't be scanned, so should be able to copy it and paste it in to the new one. I guess it's best to keep a note of the old code just in case? Is there a chance they may be the same anyway?