Immobiliser light flashing

THE MONSTER

Reaction score
Hi All.....Looks like I cannot get Arargon at the moment don't know if he is still on here or not..

I had trouble starting my car continallly cranking the starter most of the day..So I left it and disconnected the battery over night and tried to start the next day when I noticed the yellow car immobilser flashing so now it just starts but dies straight the way..

I have look into this a bit and they say the key is not recognising the code from the ecu don't know why.. I have disccnnected the battery times but never had this happen before..

I thought there was a way so you could put the key in the barrel and reset it so it recognises the key again don't if that's right or not if someone could tell me that way to do it then fine..

There are 5 things it could be apparently 1- Key 2-Ign Cylinder 3-Immobiliser control Module 4-Ecm 5-Instrument Cluster

Hope someone out there can help me or point me in the right direction....Getting a bit desperate now...

Last edited:
1st & foremost you need to verify immo is kicking in or not, then you can move to the other things.

1st & foremost you need to verify immo is kicking in or not, then you can move to the other things.
Please accept my ignorance but how do I do that...The car flashing yellow light comes on everytime you put the ignition key in but instead of going out like it should after a few seconds it just flashes ..

Thinking about it do you mean by kicking in as checking with Vagcom to see if it has tripped the code for the immobiliser or not..

Try moving your steering column in and out and up and down then try starting it. If that works, then replace the pins for the immo reader coil. Audi sell repair wires and pins if you give them the part number off the plug you need them for

Reactions: Sandra