Flashing glow plug light and no power 3.0tdi

MadIrishMacs

Reaction score
Quick and easy one here.
Last few weeks when I have started the car my glow plug light has been flashing at me when the car is cold and in some cases hot.
Car doesn't boost or smoke just slowly revs out as it the vanes on the turbo are opened up all the way.
Don't have my VAGCOM currently but do have one of the small error readers that when I checked it did pop up with glow plugs for cylinders 2 and 5 but I have another code that refuses to clear.
P49921 Incompatible software with engine module.
I have tried to find out more about the code but I haven't found any relevant information on the issue. The car was remapped by a previous owner a long time ago and had the EGR and swirl flaps deleted.
Recently the light would go out eventually when driving the car but if I try and accelerate hard it would just start flashing again and cut power and then go out, rinse and repeat.

Anyone run into this issue before and maybe have some advice on where to look? I know the same code has shown up on my VAG before when I have scanned the car and it refuses to go away.

Hi @MadIrishMacs, I have VCDS if you want it plugged in. You're in NI aren't you?
I scanned it with VAG Com and it gives the same error of "Incompatible software for engine module". I have a feeling the map files have corrupted slightly or something has degraded over time. Will be changing the glow plugs out in the next few weeks and will update on the outstanding error code.

Some of the copy VCDS seen to not be able to read every module. So if you were using a copy cable this may be the issue

Offer is there if you need it