S3 stage 1 upgrade.revo or apr

John Pilkington

Reaction score
Hi,looking for advice on which stage one tune suits the s3 better.Revo or apr.any information appreciated,thanks.

Either or will be fine or look into custom live tuning on a rolling road, just go with what you feel comfortable with :racer:
Thanks pal am swaying more towards REVO with their gpf map.looks like they have done a lot of road miles with it

Go with who ever can provide you with the best after support if you plan to go to stage 2 or above

Personally speaking, I have been a Revo customer since 2009 between:
  • 2007 8P S3 Stage 2+ (5 years) - ECU plus hardware
  • 2005 Porsche Cayman S (1 year) - ECU
  • 2011 Scirocco R (2 years) - ECU plus hardware
  • 2011 Q5 TDI - ECU
  • 2014 8V S3 Stage 3+ - ECU, TCU plus hardware
No issues to do with the tune on any of the above cars, I'd say across them all probably over 200,000 miles done

Reactions: John Pilkington and Sandra
Go with who ever can provide you with the best after support if you plan to go to stage 2 or above

• 2011 Q5 TDI - ECU
No issues to do with the tune on any of the above cars, I'd say across them all probably over 200,000 miles done
Hi,thanks for the reply.that is some decent information.there are Revo and Apr dealers near me but am swaying towards the Revo after seeing this,regards

Reactions: Boydie

• 2011 Q5 TDI - ECU
Hi,how do you find the Revo tcu tune in the s3.am looking to get it done along with the Revo remap

Budget depending I personally would go for an intake upgrade (and an intercooler if you can afford it), and an MRC custom tune. That will be best bang for buck. I believe they get around 380 bhp and Similar lbs foot for just the intake. Or 390 with the uprated intercooler, racing plugs as well (which is what mine is). Its a significant step up from the 350 or so you will get with a revo stage 1. Full boost in all gears as well it is very quick. I think with revo they may still limit the boost in 1st gear but you would have to check with them. The revo map does have some nice features though, such as limiting boost until the oil temp is over 80 degrees or something. The MRC map has no such features and the driving mode affect on the throttle is done away with as well. Revo wont do a stage 2 map unless you have all the intake, fmc and exhaust mods done as well. which is a lot of money.

Reactions: John Pilkington
Budget depending I personally would go for an intake upgrade (and an intercooler if you can afford it), and an MRC custom tune. That will be best bang for buck. I believe they get around 380 bhp and Similar lbs foot for just the intake. Or 390 with the uprated intercooler, racing plugs as well (which is what mine is). Its a significant step up from the 350 or so you will get with a revo stage 1. Full boost in all gears as well it is very quick. I think with revo they may still limit the boost in 1st gear but you would have to check with them. The revo map does have some nice features though, such as limiting boost until the oil temp is over 80 degrees or something. The MRC map has no such features and the driving mode affect on the throttle is done away with as well. Revo wont do a stage 2 map unless you have all the intake, fmc and exhaust mods done as well. which is a lot of money.
That's interesting thanks.mine is fl 2019 with gpf.Revo state 370bhp and 500nm running 99 momentum fuel.they state the gpf is not as restrictive as they first thought.what is 7 speed dsg capable of taking torque wise.will be having dsg tune as well.

People are running stage 3 on the DSG, no issues there.

Reactions: John Pilkington