Diesel problems

Zac drayton

Reaction score
Hi there I need some help/opinions I have a 2008 a4 3.0tdi v6 I’ve replaced hpfp, timing chains but the car still won’t start does anyone know what fuel pressure it should be putting out and what else I should look at sometimes it will start but I have to keep my foot pinned and it won’t rev over 1000 then when I let of it’ll slow down start juddering and stall

I'm going to make some assumptions:
Old CP4 pump ate itself and you bought a used CP4 to get it working?
If the above is true then did you do the following:

> Replace the injectors?
> Replaced the fuel sensors?
> Clean out the tank?
> Clean the rails?
> New fuel filter?

If you done the above then how sure are you the used pump you bought was working?

I'm going to make some assumptions:
Old CP4 pump ate itself and you bought a used CP4 to get it working?
If the above is true then did you do the following:

> Replace the injectors?
> Replaced the fuel sensors?
> Clean out the tank?
> Clean the rails?
> New fuel filter?

If you done the above then how sure are you the used pump you bought was working?
No I cleaned all the lines rails new filter left tank new filter new pump is definitely working cause I get good pressure when cranking have noticed today that my cam speed isn’t changing and injectors aren’t letting any fuel through says the code reader so replaced cam sensor now it’s reading cam speed the one injector I pulled out is definitely working as pulled it out connected it back up and and is spraying a nice pattern but that’s as far as I got today having another play in morning

Reactions: bobby singh
also just converted kpa to bar which says 480bar that sounds like a lot but not sure what it’s supposed to be on an engine like this