Garage Flooring

S4 Muzza

oww! my giant blue head!
Reaction score
Thinking about putting some sort of floor covering down in the garage - any recommendations?

I’ve come across this stuff from a company called BigDUG, currently on sale at what seems like a fair price. Has anyone’s used it? Looks to have good reviews but would be ideal to hear from someone who has it.

As long as they're hard rubber you'll be fine, but of course be careful in the wet & check reviews as it may slide when you brake even at slow speeds.

Reactions: S4 Muzza

Had this in my garage 2 years now, one half is a gym, other half my workshop. Brilliant stuff, not worn at all, easy to sweep and keep clean. installed in about 3 hours, really easy to cut around the edges, and came with edges for the garage door end. Money well spent in my eyes.

Had this in my garage 2 years now, one half is a gym, other half my workshop. Brilliant stuff, not worn at all, easy to sweep and keep clean. installed in about 3 hours, really easy to cut around the edges, and came with edges for the garage door end. Money well spent in my eyes.
Excellent, was hoping to hear from someone with this kit! The stuff in the link is actually made from recycled plastic - is yours the same?

Do you ever jack the car up or use axle stands on it? If so, how does it stand up to that?

Excellent, was hoping to hear from someone with this kit! The stuff in the link is actually made from recycled plastic - is yours the same?

Do you ever jack the car up or use axle stands on it? If so, how does it stand up to that?
Same as mine, is quiet hard plastic but not too brittle, never jacked the car on it, but you could just use a couple of squares of wood to spread the load under some axle stands. Very easy to replace a tile if you broke one anyway. Best speak to bigdug about how much weight they would recommend up to on a point load, but don't really see any negative reviews anywhere.

I would say get the penny round design if you will be crawling around on it a lot, I have the checker plate design and it is very pointy on your knees.

I have Swisstrax tiles in my garage work great, similar product

Just to follow this up, I ended up going with tiles from The Garage Floor Tile Company. Was originally looking at a company called Ecotile, however they pointed me in the direction of their sister company above who focus more on the domestic market.

I’ve gone with a French blue and graphite colour combination. Super easy to install and I’m happy with the quality!

Attachments

• 234DAFA7-B0E5-4539-B966-CB83FCC0757A.jpeg
    234DAFA7-B0E5-4539-B966-CB83FCC0757A.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: V6_Man
Nice job, what's was the cost if I may ask.

Nice job, what's was the cost if I may ask.
It was £994 delivered. That was for 12 square metres of French blue, 23 square metres of graphite and 8 metres of edging.

I have about 6 of each colour left over, I wanted a little extra in case I messed up any cuts (thankfully I didn’t) or in case I need to replace any tiles in future. If you didn’t buy the extra it would be about £920 all in.

If anyone else considers this stuff, check out their eBay store as well as they seem to offer bulk buy discounts on there that aren’t on the main website!

Just to follow this up, I ended up going with tiles from The Garage Floor Tile Company. Was originally looking at a company called Ecotile, however they pointed me in the direction of their sister company above who focus more on the domestic market.

I’ve gone with a French blue and graphite colour combination. Super easy to install and I’m happy with the quality!
That looks amazing. Job well done.:thumbs up::friends:

@S4 Muzza that looks superb :icon thumright:
I did similar back in 2013 after a friend gave me a selection of commercial used floor tiles when his work changed them, a rather satisfying outcome at zero cost. Yes I've tried cleaning them & it doesn't come off, no biggie as my crusty Vauxhall covers it.
2013 06 14 191753

Reactions: Sandra and S4 Muzza
Experience a worry-free ride with hard rubber tires. However, exercise caution when driving on wet surfaces and take the time to peruse reviews as even at low speeds, braking may cause some slippage.
Spammer alert

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I went for the gym flooring here:

It fits together well and isn’t daft expensive. Serves its purpose as a gym floor so well that I’m now thinking of extending across the other side of the garage too.

Cement floor will always create dust…. And I can’t be bothered to paint it.

Had a garage built in 2013 and was looking at the Big Dug tiles but as we were "getting the painters in" anyway I let them paint the floor about 9 months later to give the concrete time to go off fully. It started to flake off after about a week. Told the painters who blamed it on the Eco warriors taking all the good shiz out of paint. They redid it. It started to come up again. About a week later the gas service man set off a smoke bomb in the front room to check the chimney flue and covered everything in orange dust. Among other things the carpet was replaced so that went into the garage and covers about half of it. The rest we covered in old rugs and It's been fine since.