Front lower control arm refresh

lafa3ro

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking about refreshing my front suspension, especially around the lower control arms. I own the 2012 A3 sline since about 6 years and as far as I can tell, all is original back there (11 years old). From the look of it they are not that bad, but the car has been pulling to the right for years now and no alignements fixed it (numbers looks good but the car still pulls) so I'm looking at what can be refreshed.

I've been reading a lot on the subject and I think I'm pretty decided on what I want. The car is not a track day special and is still carrying the family (hopefully not for long, bigger/newer wagon is on the horizon) but its still my "fun" car. It is lowered on VWR springs/dampers and has the 034 subframe collar kit.

I want to stay away from poly bushings, so I'm looking at upgrading my current OEM S3 (seems like it was installed in sline A3 as well) LCA rear bracket bushing (2 voids) with a RS3 bushing (solid rubber). I was initially looking at anti lift kits, but since they all include poly bushings I'm not too keen on them. UNLESS I could press the RS3 bushing into the anti lift bracket? Is that something even possible? I was interested in the added caster they provide as I find the steering feel a bit numb especially around the center.

So in short, anti lift bracket + OEM RS3 bushing, possible at all?

If the age off the car has no aligment fix i would benlooking elsewhere b4 thinking about other things .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

If the age off the car has no aligment fix i would benlooking elsewhere b4 thinking about other things .

My bad why not just put in like for like . Soz

Thanks for the help tcardio, appreciate it! First link you posted is actually one of the reason why I'm considering this setup :)

From the second link you posted, specifically this message https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/suspension-spec-thread.5509737/page-33#post-81989623, looks like the RS3 bushings will fit in the ALK brackets. Exactly what I was looking for.

Are you using one of these anti lift brackets for your RS3 bushings yourself or the OEM bracket? Trying to justify the cost of these instead of simply reusing the OEM one from the car...

Looking at passat aluminum LCA as well, seems like a popular upgrade. Not too expensive either.

Passat LCA, RS3 bushings and ohlins coilovers with H&R sway bar. I had H&R coils on the same setup. Love it

Nice, kinda regretting not going coilovers myself.

Now, while we're there, might as well change the ball joints right? Passat ball joint are needed for the the Passat LCA? Or is the Passat LCA accepting the A3 ball joints?