Steam/Smoke from radiator area?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Just got my car back from being repaired and it looks great but I've noticed the last two times I've been driving smoke or steam coming from the front driver radiator area. Not the other side.

I don't know what to make of it. Any ideas?

Just got my car back from being repaired and it looks great but I've noticed the last two times I've been driving smoke or steam coming from the front driver radiator area. Not the other side.

This was discussed briefly in another thread and it would appear it's just the way it is. I would assume that it's a first pass radiator so is the hottest and therefore the one that steams. Mine does it every time it's cold just from the driver side and I'm just used to it.

Reactions: Mike.46
Yeah I have the same, it's much more noticeable when it's wet out.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Spinstorm

My21 started doing it about 6 months ago, does it after switching engine off on drivers side (commuting about 10 miles to and from work), initially thought it maybe a bit of a weep/leak from coolant or screen wash dropping onto something hot.
Looks like a common thing mate

Reactions: Spinstorm
What it 'might' be is the electric circulation pump that circulates water through the turbo once the engine is switched off, it may well circuate to that offside radiator, need to check in WS manual or one of Audi's self learning videos to confirm though

Reactions: Daggerit and cje248
What it 'might' be is the electric circulation pump that circulates water through the turbo once the engine is switched off, it may well circuate to that offside radiator, need to check in WS manual or one of Audi's self learning videos to confirm though
I've noticed the steam drifting up over the bonnet when I pull up at a set of traffic lights or whatever so it definitely does it with the engine still running, it could still be what you've said though. I don't really care about it that much, I've grown to think it looks kinda cool steaming when you pull up somewhere. Like the DeLorean having just done a time jump. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: boardlord
The 8V used to do the steam from the front grill area just an odd design quirk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cje248 and Daggerit