Help with speaker noise (radio, bluetooth and phone)

JohnnySwe

Reaction score
Hi! New to the forum, hello! :) just bought a Audi A6 '18 (C7) 2 weeks ago and immediately noticed something is not right with the sound. The car has the standard audio system and simple MMI. There is no amplifier in the back of the car. So I guess just the cheapest 2-way passive sound system.

There is noise from the speakers sounds kinda like radio interference (like bad signal, or someone sounds "far away"). It has its own "volume" and most noticebly on low to medium sound volume levels. After that the audio itself kinda takes over, but that scratchty sound is still present. And any songs with bass makes the typical "broken speaker" sound.

I was at first thinking "just a bad speaker" that I could easily replace, but then it became apparent it wasn't just from one side. The noise seems to wander and change. It's sometimes less but sometimes more. Cold starts seem to make the noise more apparent.

The noise is present no mather if FM radio or Bluetooth (Spotify or Bluetooth). Incoming calls are especially iffy. It really sounds like a scracthy really bad signal. But it doesn't always happen... sometimes the sound in phone calls is 95% clear, but sometimes like 50% static noise...

Can someone here help me out? I'm seriously considering just dumping the car already and take the hit. But would like to at least try and solve it.

Since there is no amplifier in the back of the car, where is it? Do I maybe only have a head unit driving the sound? And it would have to be replaced?
Since weather is currently "hot and cold" I wonder if it could be something related to the cables being sensitive and causing the disturbance?

Would much appreciate some input :)