Fitted an S3 8P flat bottom steering wheel to my 2010 A4 B8 Avant.

jakm15

Reaction score
I picked this steering wheel up from a local scrap yard for £240 inc the airbag, its off an S3 8P, the steering wheel needed a clean and a refurb so I'll do a separate thread on that.

The airbag is dual stage the same as my original and the plug for the steering wheel is similar but needed a few tweaks.

I've attached a picture of the wiring information that I followed. Basically 3 of the wires on the new steering wheel just needed de pinning and putting in different spots and then the plug just needed a few tabs trimming off.

The old steering wheel comes off easy, just remove two little plastic covers on the back at either side and then you can get to two torx bolts and slacken them off. Once this is done disconnect the battery and pull the airbag off, unplug it, undo the big nut and just pull it off.

New one is just in reverse once you've already sorted the plug wiring out. I got a little kit off Ali express with some pin release tools, This made the re pinning job easy, just shove the right size tool in the hole above the pin your removing and it releases the pin.

IMG 20230310 190432565

IMG 20230310 194601839
IMG 20230310 194549689
Screenshot 20230308 132306

Reactions: quattrogone
Looks much better I think! Although it would annoy me looking at the S3 badge! It is a huge step up i think and nice one for the instructions!

Reactions: jakm15
Looks much better I think! Although it would annoy me looking at the S3 badge! It is a huge step up i think and nice one for the instructions!
Thanks. Yeah I've got an s line badge on order, I'm going to wait until it arrives and then see if I can pop the S3 one off.

Reactions: Eric_RS6