Bluetooth mic issue

glenandem

Reaction score
Hi guys bought my 2015 facelift avant last week and first issue is when making or receiving calls the caller on the other end can either not hear me at all or sounds like I’m talking through a wall, I have the tech pack fitted and I’ve tried resetting mmi numerous times and repairing the phone, 2-3 different iPhones same issue.
Been into green menu and upped the mic sensitivity to 22 the highest ur can go and it worked for a few hours then stopped again, done the same thing in volume settings as im on the call!
Everything works spot on apart from my voice isn’t getting picked up although it seems to pick me up no issue on voice commands too.
My phone driver software is 10.771.582 and wondering if it’s possible to update this before I try a new mic set as it’s a tripple lead when I checked it under the roof mounting.
Any advice would be great as I’m lost with what to do and as anyone knows Bluetooth handsfree is a necessity these days!

Bluetooth on my 2012 S-Line failed during lockdown, when car was not used for weeks and the battery got rather low.
On mine Bluetooth simply won't recognise any phone. The software interface looks like Bluetooth itself may be OK, perhaps a problem with the car's bluetooth aerial. I have wondered if there might be a small rechargeable battery involved on one of the circuit boards which could have failed during the long period of disuse. Pure speculation on my part though, and not really any help.
I've never got a straight answer on how to get it fixed other than a bottomless-pit offer to do it from the Audi dealer.

Reactions: glenandem
The strange thing is Mine connects to all my phones no problem and plays music and makes and recieves calls no problem it’s just the mic doesn’t seem to be fully working, I’m very tempted just to go and buy a replacement mic and see if that sorts it but still think it could be a software issue as it hears me no problem on voice command!

updated my cars firmware yesterday but it didn't update the phone driver so mustn't be part of the update, still did nothing so did a scan with vids and no faults anywhere, not sure what else to do other than order a set of mic's to try!

all sorted, ended up buying a new triple mic and instantly fixed it!
problem solved!!