Back seats and an update

danny_dj3

Reaction score
Good morning all, been a while due to work commitments and general life but I'm back on with the cars, so here's a little update.

The grey one has finally got both front wings on and now totally rust free. She's booked in for a respray on Mondays so pics will no doubt follow. Fixed 99% of the issues, which wasn't really much, and just have a bulb and a few little bits to sort. New rear calipers, discs front and back, pads etc all sorted. :)
Decided that due to the other car not being used, and the fact i spend more time in my van, i'm going to be letting it go.

The black one's been stood now since running it in, and altho i have been keeping it running i really haven't had the time to use it due to nipping about in the grey one. So anyways, im back on with the car again and im rebuilding it again [lol] as i have forged rods and a few parts to throw at it. This one is more of a toy for me really.
One little issue i have with it atm is the rear seats will not fold down, the arms move but im assuming the cables are either siezed or snapped. Ideally i want them out but i cant see a clear route to releasing them. If anyones got an advice it would be appreciated.

thnaks all, hope everyones well :)

danny

Reactions: MPH and Ian W
Did you find rust free wings or did you get them repaired?

I recall the back seats in one of mine getting stuck once, I think I just did my best to rock them while pulling on the lever and eventually they released.

Reactions: danny_dj3
i got tj's wings off his car which were pretty much perfect. i did get hold of a place called silverlake who had a black n/s wing which i have spare atm. spoke to a guy there who was up on his s3's and was really helpful. most the stuff off the guy in stoke was crap and even chris was not too good for clean wings, they really are like rocking horse ***** lol. there was a place that was doing grp ones but i really cant remember what it was called, failing that its either the wide body ones or carbon fibre...:(
I'll give the seats a going over again at weekend when i get some spare time :)

im also on the lookout for some avus wheels with center caps if anyones sat on a set

Reactions: MPH