Launch car owner pic request

Daggerit

Reaction score
Hey all,

I’m having the direct TPMS retrofit (just waiting for a replacement module as the first one was faulty) and while the display is coming up in the VC, it hasn’t been activated in the MMI.

He’s going to check how to do it and will likely find the option but in the meantime are there any owners of launch cars on here that would be willing to take a picture of the TPMS screen in MMI so I can pass it along and let him know what he’s looking for?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,

I’m having the direct TPMS retrofit (just waiting for a replacement module as the first one was faulty) and while the display is coming up in the VC, it hasn’t been activated in the MMI.

He’s going to check how to do it and will likely find the option but in the meantime are there any owners of launch cars on here that would be willing to take a picture of the TPMS screen in MMI so I can pass it along and let him know what he’s looking for?

TIA

Is this you are after ?. The display will not show any values until some minutes of driving for the detection to work and calibrate itself. Also, when mine was retrofitted by @DJAlix , he had to update a number of modules with the firmware for it to to talk to each other.

Attachments

• IMG_1011 2 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_1011 2 Medium.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1010 2.jpg
    IMG_1010 2.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
Is this you are after ?. The display will not show any values until some minutes of driving for the detection to work and calibrate itself. Also, when mine was retrofitted by @DJAlix , he had to update a number of modules with the firmware for it to to talk to each other.

That’s absolutely spot on. The retrofitter already has the VC display, I’d like the MMI one activated as well so thought I’d show him what he’s looking for. Good to know it can be activated for sure!

He’s got the TPMS readout and everything sorted, just happened to be that the receiver module failed so we’re waiting on a new one to finish things. As it died he had a pressure reading from one wheel so we know everything else is working thankfully.

Reactions: RS03???

I sent him your pic of the MMI and his response was ‘oh, I thought you meant some performance displays or something, not sure why. Your car already has that screen but it deactivated when the receiver module was removed so will be there when everything is plugged in and working.’

Thanks for the pictures anyway!

On a different note, which wheel is it you find gets hotter on the front because of the non-sided discs? Just for my own curiosity.

I sent him your pic of the MMI and his response was ‘oh, I thought you meant some performance displays or something, not sure why. Your car already has that screen but it deactivated when the receiver module was removed so will be there when everything is plugged in and working.’

On a different note, which wheel is it you find gets hotter on the front because of the non-sided discs? Just for my own curiosity.

I've noticed the driver side RHD is couple of degrees warmer. Not sure about the accuracy of the tpms. Next time I am out on a long drive, will use a IR Thermometer to check this.

Reactions: Daggerit
How much is this costing you all in? Thx

How much is this costing you all in? Thx

When I had mine done, back in Oct22 was just over £400ish. May be +15 to 20% more now and will take a good day to do.

Reactions: garethdj
When I had mine done, back in Oct22 was just over £400ish. May be +15 to 20% more now and will take a good day to do.

Thanks, don’t have the cash to be doing that right now lol, just curious for the future!

The Driver side rotor, which looks to be drilled against the rotation, clockwise is +2degress warmer than the passenger side rotor. Which for me, relates to the display difference.

Thanks, don’t have the cash to be doing that right now lol, just curious for the future!

Just as RS03??? alluded to, I'm £420 for the retrofit. The other cost is having the sensors installed on the wheels though, that stung me another £60.

Takes about 4 hours or so to complete, the main trouble being the running of a new loom from the front of the car to the rear for the receiver module.

Reactions: garethdj
Just as RS03??? alluded to, I'm £420 for the retrofit. The other cost is having the sensors installed on the wheels though, that stung me another £60.

Takes about 4 hours or so to complete, the main trouble being the running of a new loom from the front of the car to the rear for the receiver module.
Yep, forgot the TPMS fitting cost. Was £20 per wheel.

Yep, forgot the TPMS fitting cost. Was £20 per wheel.
Wouldn't be too bad if you were happy waiting until you were getting some new rubber anyway, but I can't imagine many people would want to wait that long if they're really after having the TPMS.

Mine is getting sorted this evening so fingers crossed this module isn't faulty as well!

Reactions: RS03???