Potential issues with Used Approved A6?

tyr92

Reaction score
Hey there,

Last week I picked up my A6 Avant C8 S-Line (68 plate - 2019 MY) from Audi Used Approved. I'm due a call back to see how I'm getting on with the car next week, but wanted to sense check a few things/potential issues beforehand on this forum :pirate:

1. Water in the front passenger footwell after rain - I checked and the drivers side was completely dry, and I hadn't had a passenger in the car since I picked it up. I've attached an image of this. Q: Is there a known problem with this?
  2. Offside (passenger) side of the car, when I was walking up to it I noticed the white lower portion below the skirts was much lower than that on the drivers side, is this normal? Picture also attached
  3. When driving, the dashboard rattles - I've googled around and can see this is a common issue, I could remedy it by pulling up and away from under the main MMI screen - is the accepted solution here for Audi to put some fabric tape behind the dash?
  4. Next interim service interval is in 2,800 miles - I'd of thought more coming from just having a service with Audi who I bought it from?
  5. I wasn't provided the Audi connect key user code - is this something that's not usually provided on Used Approved?
  6. My second key's battery was dead! Not really a massive issue, but odd.
Aside from these things, the car has been a welcome change coming from a RR, I do need to get used to the lower seating position and lack of 4wd though!

Attachments

• IMG_7167.jpg
    IMG_7167.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7168.jpg
    IMG_7168.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
Sorry to hear you are having problems.
  1. Does your car have a sunroof? Leaks from the sunroof are a common problem, especially on early build C8s
  2. Doesn't sound normal. Is there any sign that one or other side has been grounded at some point affecting the trim
  3. Yes rattles are reported frequently. Like all these things tracking it down and then getting it fixed is a major problem and not something Audi dealers are willing to tackle even when the car is new. They also seem to be temperature dependent which adds to the challenge
  4. I would have expected the car to be serviced if it is that loose, or at least to have used it as a negotiating point. Looking at the Audi website, https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/used-cars/used-car-offers.html, it looks as if Used Cars from Audi dealers come with a service plan giving 2 services, 2 brake fluid changes and 2 pollen filters/ The dealer may have felt this was sufficient not to service the car.
  5. The Connect code is on the tag that comes with the keys. Issue will be if the PO did not return it with the car. If it is not there speak to the dealer about getting it replaced.
  6. Sounds like poor PDI by the dealer
Hope this helps

Reactions: tyr92
Thanks for your prompt response, elan2s. :)

Regarding the water in the footwell - my car doesn't have a sunroof. I'll check to see if it's been grounded at any point too and discuss with the dealer. I did take out finance with the car solely for the two free services (one minor, one major) so that could be the reason for the shorter than expected service interval, I shall query them!

Also, the car doesn't have wireless Apple carplay, only wired - I've searched around and it seems this can be enabled. My MMI is on P2711, which also seems like it's not the latest version (P2718 being the latest MMI2).

I am not sure, but from what I recall (my first C8 was a similar date to yours) you could only get the wireless CarPlay activated if you have the TechPack. Worth asking though. My current (2021 so has MIB-3) car has wireless CarPlay, although it is a mixed blessing since it can sometime activate when you start the car when you did not want it to and also does have an impact on battery life on the phone.

Be aware the version numbering of the MMI software can vary depending on the options you have installed, so it may be - given the closeness of the two numbers you quote - that you have the latest version for your car. Also on my current car the dealer did an MMI update last year and since then the navigation system will not remember favourites, previous destinations or receive routs from the MyAudi App. So I would recommend only go for a software update if you are sure it will give you something you are missing, not just because you want the newest version which likely give you no change in functionality

I am not sure, but from what I recall (my first C8 was a similar date to yours) you could only get the wireless CarPlay activated if you have the TechPack. Worth asking though. My current (2021 so has MIB-3) car has wireless CarPlay, although it is a mixed blessing since it can sometime activate when you start the car when you did not want it to and also does have an impact on battery life on the phone.

Be aware the version numbering of the MMI software can vary depending on the options you have installed, so it may be - given the closeness of the two numbers you quote - that you have the latest version for your car. Also on my current car the dealer did an MMI update last year and since then the navigation system will not remember favourites, previous destinations or receive routs from the MyAudi App. So I would recommend only go for a software update if you are sure it will give you something you are missing, not just because you want the newest version which likely give you no change in functionality
Got it - thanks a lot for the insight. FWIW I've got the Tech Pack. Time for more reading!

The rubber matt shows water from the door seal side, so I'd say it's from there, get a hose & run it around the closed door & see if it trickles in.

Shouldn't affect warranty unless they can prove it is the cause. I added High Beam Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition (both using Kufatec dongles) and there were no warranty issues. All you are doing is activating functionality that is already there. You are not adding anything physical

Last edited:
The rubber matt shows water from the door seal side, so I'd say it's from there, get a hose & run it around the closed door & see if it trickles in.
I had forgotten the issue of the early C8s getting water leaking via the doors. On my 2019 car it was the drivers side rear door, but could presumably happen on any door.

Shouldn't affect warranty unless they can prove it is the cause. I added High Beam Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition (both using Kufatec dongles) and there were no warranty issues. All you are doing is activating functionality that is already there. You are not adding anything physical

As he said.