Audi A3 2009 8PA front passenger door lock actuator

Fff

Reaction score
I want to start this by saying I feel stupid even posting this but here goes. A few months ago my front passenger door stopped opening from both inside and outside. I've had this issue in the past on one of the rear doors so realised it was the door lock actuator. I changed the actuator myself and it's all working fine however the power supply cable won't fully clip into place. It works fine most of the time however every so often the power cable comes loose causing the door not to open. I realised this might happen so I left the door card screws off so I can remove the door card partially and open the door using the locking cable rod. I then have to reattach the power cable as best as I can but this is only a temporary fix as it just won't clip in; I even tried using electrical tape to hold it in place with no luck. I was wondering if there is any advice anyone can offer or a trick to it as I feel stupid going into a garage saying I've changed the entire part but can't attach the power cable. I'm going to be selling the car soon so wanted to get it sorted beforehand, thanks in advance.

I want to start this by saying I feel stupid even posting this but here goes. A few months ago my front passenger door stopped opening from both inside and outside. I've had this issue in the past on one of the rear doors so realised it was the door lock actuator. I changed the actuator myself and it's all working fine however the power supply cable won't fully clip into place. It works fine most of the time however every so often the power cable comes loose causing the door not to open. I realised this might happen so I left the door card screws off so I can remove the door card partially and open the door using the locking cable rod. I then have to reattach the power cable as best as I can but this is only a temporary fix as it just won't clip in; I even tried using electrical tape to hold it in place with no luck. I was wondering if there is any advice anyone can offer or a trick to it as I feel stupid going into a garage saying I've changed the entire part but can't attach the power cable. I'm going to be selling the car soon so wanted to get it sorted beforehand, thanks in advance.
Can we see a photo?

Attachments

• 20230408_085022.jpg
    20230408_085022.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230408_085041.jpg
    20230408_085041.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230408_085119.jpg
    20230408_085119.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
First of all, the fact that it doesn't make contact is because the plug opens or the braces don't make good contact?

If the other clip has plastic on the outside like this one you could drill small holes and just put very small tie wraps through

Just push up hard as it has a clip inside the connector that springs over a raised part to hold in place.

If it won't stay up then the lock raised part maybe damaged as your pic shows the clip in the connector is intact & the internal pink sliding piece is in the correct position to allow the connector to push fully up.