Updating MMI Firmware A4 B9.5 K3283

mallen1024

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m looking for some guidance on applying K3283 to my car. I have the update, but I do have the Bang and Olufsen sound system.

Do I need to bypass the upgrade for the Bang and Olufsen system and do I need to use the fibre optic bypass for this as well? Any help appreciated.

Why do you want to update it? The probability is you won't even tell any difference and risk stuffing up your amp or worse still bricking your MMi

Why do you want to update it? The probability is you won't even tell any difference and risk stuffing up your amp or worse still bricking your MMi
Because firmware updates contain fixes for bugs errors and I do have issues that firmware fixes. I’ve had two to my vehicle since it was new. Not doing them broke some of the Audi Connect features. So there was and is a reason to do this. The Audi centre did it free of charge for me anyway today as the software update was released prior to my vehicle going out of warranty. Although they tried to fob me off and say there wasn’t one until I told them to recheck it.

The Audi technician told me anyway you don’t need the optic loop on the >B9 and he just didn’t update the B&O system. So the problems I did have in the car are fixed, as I’ve seen them go away.