(Almost) new owner with questions

Sandman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, today we have found an 2018 A4 estate for sale with low miles. The car is going through the dealer prep at the moment so we have been unable to see it in person yet but have put down a refundable deposit to be given first dibs on it when it’s ready.
I think it is a fairly basic spec without satnav or CarPlay. There is also very few buttons on the steering wheel compared with others I have seen for sale.
The photos I have aren’t the best but hopefully good enough to see whats there.
the question I have is - is it possible to retrofit CarPlay/satnav? If so is a steering wheel upgrade also required?
IMG 0790
IMG 0796

You'd be better to buy the spec car you want than try and retrofit
Thanks, that would be the best outcome but is dependent upon finding one that matches my budget (£17k, >2017, <60k mikes).

For retrofit You won't need to change steering wheel, but You'll need to swap out Your usb/aux connectors to usb/usb/aux connectors.
If this retrofit is done at dealer, it costs around 800€ - well, atleast it once was that sum 4 years ago.
I also suggest looking for better options than lower milage.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandman
I thought that CarPlay and Android Auto were standard on UK cars? IIRC sat va was standard on Sport and above, so if it’s an SE it may not have that.