HBS for Audi A5 Sportback

MNG03

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently purchased an A5 Sportback and had HBS (automatic dipping on main beam headlights etc) enabled.
On testing the HBS at night on country roads the main beam did not activate when dark. On checking with the supplier I was told that for HBS to operate the car must be traveling at a speed greater than 37 mph.
I would welcome comments on this constraint and if other drivers have the same speed restriction. Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum. If you tell us the year of your car, we can get this thread moved to the correction section where you will have more chance of a reply.

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome to the forum. If you tell us the year of your car, we can get this thread moved to the correction section where you will have more chance of a reply.
It's June 2022. Many thanks.

Hi,
I recently purchased an A5 Sportback and had HBS (automatic dipping on main beam headlights etc) enabled.
On testing the HBS at night on country roads the main beam did not activate when dark. On checking with the supplier I was told that for HBS to operate the car must be traveling at a speed greater than 37 mph.
I would welcome comments on this constraint and if other drivers have the same speed restriction. Many thanks.
Thats correct however it it possible to adjust the activation speed via coding.

Many thanks, and good to know that via coding the activation speed can be reduced but I don't understand why there is any constraint as I want HBS to operate in country lanes at low speeds, or potentially while the car is stationery at a junction. Any thoughts?

Possibly to avoid people using it in built up areas with 30mph speed limits?

Not sure about use at junctions - camera may not pick up passing traffic and potential to dazzle passing drivers?