Been a while

swisstony

Reaction score
Hi All
been quiet on here for a while , just busy with other stuff and life :) havent done a huge amount of stuff to the car as been too busy sorting out my son's new car and my wife's new fiesta ST purchase. We have called it Asbo :)

However although my car has been fault free for ages, a few weeks ago it started playing up, running rough on idle and then a week ago the battery light came on but went away after an hour. Came back on a few days ago and drained the battery so got a fresh one but still the issue stayed. I suspected the alternator was at fault so today it went into the garage and sure enough they have called to say it has failed and needs replacing . Every fault on the OBD scan showed voltage drop to 11.5v when I needed at least 14v. and I guess it affects so many other parts and may be the root cause of the rough idling, assume the coilpacks are what are throwing up the fault.

So fingers crossed that has fixed everything , will find out later. A small service also done at the same time .

Planning a few upgrades at some point

Reactions: Gmac and Charlie Farley
Welcome back chap, always good to see members returning to the forum. :thumbs up:

Reactions: swisstony
Turns out as suspected the alternator was the root cause of the issue, drop to 11v and everything goes south. Nice shiny Lucas unit installed and car running sweet again. Interim service carried out as well. I know I could have done it myself but what the hell, they have a ramp so far easier :)

Reactions: norad97